oslc-promcode message

Subject: Re: [oslc-promcode] Re: Including files in specifications for PROMCODE

Robin/Steve,

I think an OSLC Core TC recommendation would be best. Let's establish the
guidance for RDF vocabularies and resource shapes there. PROMCODE will
follow that. However, let's do this asap since PROMCODE is producing these
artifacts now.
Arthur Ryman
Chief Data Officer
SWG | Rational
905.413.3077 (phone) | 416.939.5063 (cell)
IBM InterConnect 2015

From:   Robin Cover <robin@oasis-open.org>
To:     Kazuhiro Funakoshi <k-f@bk.jp.nec.com>
Cc:     Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA,
"oslc-promcode@lists.oasis-open.org" <oslc-promcode@lists.oasis-open.org>,
Steve K Speicher <sspeiche@us.ibm.com>, Robin Cover
<robin@oasis-open.org>, Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>, Paul
Knight <paul.knight@oasis-open.org>
Date:   12/18/2014 11:09 AM
Subject:        Re: [oslc-promcode] Re: Including files in specifications
for PROMCODE

Re:

[Kaz, below, said]

> [3]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/artifactshape/v1.0/artifactshape.ttl

1. Thank you for including me as recipient in the email messages if the
PROMCODE TC wants to continue discussion of Work Product URIs in the
current fashion (on the TC list).  I will do my best to track your ideas,
but at this point, I feel the conversation has become a bit unwieldy, and
I would like to know if your team leads in OSLC Core and other related TCs
would want to stand up a task force to clarify further your plans for the
related OSLC Work Products.  Evaluating successions of proposals from
several parties (piecemeal) seems sub-optimal on several counts.   Steve:
have I overlooked updates in Wiki documents which may be relevant here?

2. I discussed the current situation with Chet Ensign, and we believe it's
important for you (all) to use the online form for requesting a Work
Product "template" in connection with each proposed Work Product:

Register & request a Work Product template / starter document
https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/work-product-registration-template-request

3. Using the online form to request a "starter document" (or the
equivalent [ReSpec-based authoring]) will help Staff understand and
evaluate your plans, or seek clarifications as may be needed.  That is:
information you provide in the form fields will help us determine whether
the specification design is on track with respect to OASIS expectations
(TC Process, Naming Directives, publication issues). The online form does
not support requests for templates applicable to Multi-Part Work Products,
so if your proposed specification is Multi-Part, please send email to
tc-admin@lists.oasis-open.org with proposal details.

4. With respect to the URI reference nominated and quoted above ( "[3]" ):
it's not quite what I would expect for a Work Product that has a Work
Product Abbreviation [WP-abbrev] = "artifactshape".  That URI reference
implies a Work Product with title something like "OSLC Artifact Shapes",
and a primary prose specification document with a cover page that provides
the "Document URIs" as follows for the initial approved release:

This version:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/artifactshape/v1.0/csd01/artifactshape-v1.0-csd01.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/artifactshape/v1.0/csd01/artifactshape-v1.0-csd01.pdf
http://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/artifactshape/v1.0/csd01/artifactshape-v1.0-csd01.docx

Previous version: [N/A]

Latest version:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/artifactshape/v1.0/artifactshape-v1.0.html
http://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/artifactshape/v1.0/artifactshape-v1.0.pdf
http://docs.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/artifactshape/v1.0/artifactshape-v1.0.docx

5. Our default expectation is that a file like "artifactshape.ttl" would
not be stored directly in the "v1.0" directory nor that we would use a URI
alias to make it appear so in the resource URI.   We typically want to
keep the "v1.0" directory clean, presenting the URI references for
successive releases (csd01, csd02...) and for the "Latest version:"
formats (for the Work Product as a whole).

6. The clarification above may be inconsequential ultimately (because no
significant commitment is being made at this time), but it serves as an
example to motivate a dedicated focus upon the proposed Work Products and
their structure/composition, especially if any of your proposed Work
Products are "Multi-Part" (having independently titled prose documents: ca
Overview/Intro, Part1, Part2, Part3...).  See the emix spec v1.0 directory
for an example of a clean directory:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/emix/emix/v1.0/

Multi-Part

https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#quality-multiPart
http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#URIs-MP
http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#filenameSyntaxMP

7. The goal here is to support efficient and timely coordination between
the OSLC TCs and OASIS Staff.

Thanks!

- Robin

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 2:04 AM, Kazuhiro Funakoshi <k-f@bk.jp.nec.com>