Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] identifiable effectivity requirements?

Title: RE: [plcs-dex] identifiable effectivity requirements?

Tim,
Sounds just like the problems we saw when the PDM module 'effectivity' was reviewed nearly 3 years ago. We couldn't see the requirement for the other 'effectivity modules. Everything should work from the basic 'effectivity' module as per a normal business does.

regards
Gordon

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Turner [mailto:timturner11@bellsouth.net]
Sent: 28 June 2004 14:42
To: DEXS-PLCS-OASIS (E-mail)

Hi All,

I have been re-doing the effectivity stuff and noticed that although
effectivity has an .id attribute, I cannot place an identification
assignment on effectivity as the identification_item select type does not
extend to this (or the subtypes of effectivity). I automatically tried to do
this since we don't use the local id attributes, but are there any
requirement for this?

I note that generally, an instance of effectivity should not exist in
isolation, i.e. it should either part of an effectivity assignment or part
of a configuration effectivity - though there seems nothing to enforce this.
Through these relationships, instances of effectivity can be identified
(indirectly). The question I guess - is whether an instance of effectivity
needs to be directly/uniquely identifiable?

regards,
Tim

DISCLAIMER: ***SECURITY LABEL: NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED***   The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. This e-mail originates from LSC Group. Registered in England & Wales No 2275471 Registered Office: Devonport Royal Dockyard, Devonport, Plymouth, PL1 4SG