Subject: RE: Capability (C045): representing_product_as_realized - Representing a product as realized - Issues [2/5]

Title: Capability (C045): representing_product_as_realized - Representing a product as realized - Issues [2/5]

Thanks Gordon

I see what you are saying but I would have thought that what you describe is really a different configuration of an individual Harrier, not a version.

I always understood a version to mean a product that has had a change made to it. E.g.

My car has had a product recall and a new brake assembly fitted.

The car is now at version 2.

The change to the brake assembly was not a configuration option, but the result of a change directive (choose your favourite business term). Hence there is a new version of the car. I would never remove the brake assembly unless another change was to be implemented. In your Harrier examples, the Harrier is being configured according to mission, not according to product changes.

I understand that some products have a “strike” plate which gets marked according to the changes that have been implemented.

The product has the same serial number, but the changes has been applied, so the configuration record reflects a new version.

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited