Subject: RE: Ballot comment NO 8

From: Jochen Haenisch [mailto:Jochen.Haenisch@epmtech.jotne.com]
Sent: 28 October 2004 14:08
To: 'Rob Bodington'; plcs-dex@lists.oasis-open.org; 'Tonning, Leif'
Cc: 'Trine Hansen'

see below

	JH: What if there are several old versions leading to one new one?
There are probably considerations that are related to the individual
relationships.
	Does document_assignment allow the explicit representation of the
descriptions text? If so, this is ok. I just want to ensure that the text
becomes available as part of the product data population, not hidden in
other documents.

> Regarding the representation of sequences hierarchies etc - that is
> reference
> data on product_version_relationship.

	JH: Of course. I did not intend to say something different. No
properties here.

> Also, when creating a new version, I would expect it all to be under
> configuration change management, and so would consider using Work_order
> and
> Directed activity etc to properly control and document the change, as
> described
> in the capability "representing work order" and related capabilities.

	JH: That may be a route to be taken! I have not looked at this.