Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] Issues with identification and classification

Rob,

I think the fundamental approach here has a problem. Whether part_code is a kind of  name or kind of identifier is schema-level information, not data exchange level information. Therefore, that statement has to be made within the RDL itself, not in the exchange file. How could a Web service present the possible types of names for something if that statement isn’t in the RDL?

Cheers,

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Bodington [mailto:rob.bodington@eurostep.com]
Sent: 31 January 2005 07:28
To: plcs-dex@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Örjan Falk; Jonas Rosén; Tonning, Leif; Magnus Färneland

Hi

During the development of PLCS translators we have identified a couple of issues with the way in which we use classification of attribute and with the use of "role" in identification.

I have documented what the issues are in the attached document and proposed a solution.

Are the proposals acceptable to everyone?

If so, we will need to modify the relevant capabilities.

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited