Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] Assigning X to Y or Y to X

Sean,

Interesting question.

I agree that from a modeling standpoint, the direction doesn't matter. I
would not be comfortable (so far) with a direction dependent semantic,
for the reasons you suggest.  So simplest approach is to allow only one
direction.  This can be done arbitrarily, for example, by alphabetical
order. Thus, allow
X <-- Y, or X <-- X
but disallow
Y <-- X.

If for some cases both directions are allowed, the  roles need to be
documented in pairs xy and yx (presumably in an owl table, or an
algorithm) such that:
X <-xy- Y == Y <-yx- X

Regards,

Tom

Thomas E. Hendrix
Phone: 206-544-5276
thomas.e.hendrix@boeing.com

 otherwise, use the
>opposite sense.
 An alternative way of expressing this is to