Subject: SV: SV: SV: FW: [plcs-dex] Unique constraints -> identification and versioning

Kind of what I suggested in the last of my examples then... ;o) Good we agree!

                  -------------------------------------
<class>        -> Class id: RD039405951
                  Label: BEA serial sumber (en)

                  Descriptive text (en);
"is a"         -> a
<superclass>   -> <RD039405950>
<..features..> -> applied to BEA assets according to BEA rules.
                  -------------------------------------

Regards,
  Mats

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: David Price [mailto:david.price@eurostep.com]
Skickat: den 20 december 2006 16:48
Till: plcs-dex@lists.oasis-open.org

Sean makes a very good point. There's a useful convention for defining classes
in an ontology used by some of the Oil and Gas folks that makes Sean's
comments explicit:

A <class> is a <superclass> that <distinguishing features of this particular
subclass>.

so in my example you'd have:

A SerialNumber is an IdentificationCode that is one of a series assigned for
identification which varies from its successor or predecessor by a fixed
discrete integer value.

I thought this was an excellent convention.

Cheers,
David

Mobile +44 7788 561308
UK +44 2072217307