plcs message

Subject: FW: PLCS involvement in SOLE 2004

At our last face-to-face TC meeting, we discussed the possibility of promoting PLCS in the US at the SOLE 2004 conference on 1-3 September.

Karen Rice has held initial discussions with SOLE, who seem very keen to welcome us to their meeting, based on a likely.  I would suggest that we need to complement the vendor paper with a DoD paper, and a major supplier statement.

I have indicated that we would wish to take up their offer, with a TC meeting on Monday 30 August.

Comments?

Howard Mason
-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Rice [mailto:kl.rice@verizon.net]
Sent: 16 June 2004 22:37
To: Mason, Howard (UK)
Subject: PLCS involvement in SOLE 2004

Howard,

I spoke to Sarah James, Exec Dir of SOLE today.  She is willing to work with us on special rates for PLCS to become involved in the show.

This all started when I asked about reduced rates for US govt agency.  Then I mentioned that we were planning a PLCS meeting.  Sarah would like for PLCS to be part of the day 3 White Paper Session which covers the last pillar of the enterprise foundation addressing:
-The need to move from supply chain to logistics chain management and
-The need to achieve real enterprise connectivity across all elements and stakeholders.
Sarah is still planning this session, so today Pennant (Pat Read) has signed up to give a paper titled "Open System Standards - Moving the Logistics Enterprise to the Future" which will be centered on PLCS.  Sarah now has more substance to the session theme.

Sarah is likely to offer PLCS:
-a meeting space on Monday 30 Aug
-ask for you to be a moderator of the paper session mentioned above (I recommended you)
-reduced rate space for DISA
She of course would like our PLCS members to attend the conference.

Sarah is meeting with her executive committee tomorrow (Thursday), so I need to give her some indication of our willingness to participate - hence the need to talk to you promptly.

Sorry this took off so fast, but I think it is an excellent chance for more US exposure for PLCS.

Regards,

Karen

Karen Rice
President