plcs message

Subject: PLCS terminology dictionary

Hi

As part of the work in defining Business concepts for DEXlib, I have taken the PLCS terminology dictionary and incorporated it into DEXlib.

You can access it from the terminology button at the top of the screen.

I have also provided the facility for business concepts to define terms as well.

Please note that in order to build the terminology dictionary; I just converted the existing Access database straight into XML. I do not believe that PLCS completed the work on the terminology dictionary, so a number of the terms are still draft.

My motivation was to develop the XML/XSL for terminology that we can use in the business concepts, whilst I was doing this, I thought that I might as well make the existing PLCS dictionary available, warts and all. I have no intention of doing any work on the content of the dictionary, just simply presenting it as is. Anyone who is interested in this, fell free to complete the dictionary. I’ll leave it up to the TOG to coordinate this.

Unfortunately, right now you can only access this in DEXlib, so that means doing a CVS update.

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited