plcs message

Subject: RE: [plcs] FW: [members] OASIS TC Call for Participation: OASIS UnitsML TC

Title: RE: [plcs] FW: [members] OASIS TC Call for Participation: OASIS UnitsML TC

I have just been on the second of the conference calls for this new TC.

Simon Frechette (NIST) was on this call (and also Keith Hunten (Lockheed Martin) had been on the previous one).  So the SC4 angle is covered.

NIST has been working on a schema for units previously and this is now on the table as a draft (available via the OASIS UnitsML pages <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=unitsml>).  Not surprisingly nothing too controversial there.  The devil is potentially in the detail;  I am not totally sure that I understand the adopted approach to unit dimensions.  I need to get my mind round that.

The other specific players at the table are MatML (materials) and another group that I did not recognise.

The TC has agreed to have calls every second Wednesday of the month until the end of the year.  The TC is also talking about a potential face-to-face in the days after the OASIS London conference (end of November).  In those circumstances, I wil probably be able to attend.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, comments or further actions.

Cheers,
Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mason, Howard (UK) [mailto:howard.mason@baesystems.com]
Sent: 13 June 2006 15:32
To: plcs@lists.oasis-open.org

Please note the formation of a new TC on UnitsML, which is seeking liaison with the PLCS TC.

I trust that the involvement of Messrs Hendrix, Frechette and Hunten will ensure full alignment with STEP and PLCS.

Tom,  could you please act as the liaison point of contact, as you are present in both organisations?

Thanks

Howard