plcs message

Subject: SV: [plcs] PLCS TC Face-to-Face (Oct/Nov) 06

Title: PLCS TC Face-to-Face (Oct/Nov) 06
All,

During the next week, the delgation from FMV to the Hershey ISO-meeting will make flight reservations for the trip to the US. It would therefor be useful to know that the date (2006-10-31 -- 11-01) for the OASIS F-to-F is valid and that the meeting will take place.

Is there someone who has already decided to participate or not to do so? Please let us know as soon as possible.

Regards,
  Mats
Mats Nilsson, FMV

Från: Colson James O [mailto:james.colson@us.army.mil]
Skickat: den 8 augusti 2006 18:12
Till: plcs@lists.oasis-open.org
Ämne: [plcs] PLCS TC Face-to-Face (Oct/Nov) 06

All,

We are proceeding forward with the initial planning for a PLCS TC Face-to-Face meeting held in conjunction with (just after), the TC184/SC4 meeting in Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA.  The location will be here in Sunny Huntsville, Alabama.   The tentative dates are 31 Oct - 1 Nov 2006.  We're looking at a couple locations here on Redstone Arsenal (Officers Club or Rustic Lodge), and off site as well incase non-US nationals on post becomes too difficult to overcome (we believe we can overcome all issues).

For those of you whom are unfamiliar with Huntsville and Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville is 'birthplace' and Home of the US Space and Rocket Center where the former German scientist Dr. Werner Von Braun and his team of Scientists, pioneered the US Space program.  Most of the Engineering and Rocket Science that led to the development of Rockets such as the Saturn V rocket, was done right here in the deep south amid the Alabama cotton fields.   There is a rich history and many Space Artifacts here at Redstone, (including the only standing (vertical) Saturn V rocket) as well as many ongoing projects related to space, missiles, and aviation.

We are looking forward to hosting this meeting, and will provide more details as they become available.

Please keep us advised of any schedule changes.

Jim Colson
Logistics Standards & Policy
US Army LOGSA
Redstone Arsenal, AL