provision-comment message

Subject: Unique Particle Attribution constraint violation problem in SPML schema

Title: Message
Hi Folks,

    apologies for the newbie question, but I'm trying to compile the spml schema with Sun's jaxb toolkit.  However, the compiler gets a number of very similar errors, starting with:

      [xjc] [ERROR] cos-nonambig: "urn:oasis:names:tc:SPML:1:0":attr and WC[##any] (or elements from their substitution group) violate "Unique Particle Attribution".
      [xjc]   line 30 of spml.xsd

    It seems to be having trouble with the fragment:

<xsd:complexType name="Attributes">
  <xsd:sequence>
   <xsd:element name="attr" type="dsml:DsmlAttr" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
   <xsd:any minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" processContents="lax" />
  </xsd:sequence>
  <xsd:anyAttribute namespace="##other" processContents="lax" />
 </xsd:complexType>
    Now I'm fairly new at XML schema, but as I understand it the compiler is complaining that this schema fragment is ambiguous; when processing an Attributes complex type it will be unable to determine whether a sequence element is either a) a DsmlAttr or b) an 'any' object (since presumably a DsmlAttr can also be an 'any'??).  Is this an actual problem with the schema, or a limitation of my parser, and does anyone have any ideas on how I might avoid the problem?

    Thanks in advance,

        - Chris Betts

Dr Christopher Betts
CA, Melbourne, Australia