provision-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: nir_z@hotmail.co.il

Hi

Two years ago when we designed our provisioning system it was obvious we will use XML to send provisioning requests.
When we designed our XML our guidelines were performance and maintainability.
Regarding maintainability - we wanted that all field validation will be done using XSD, thus minimizing code changes.

We ended up with XML where each field/attribute is defined as a node in the XML and the XSD define each specific field content (using types, enumerations, patterns, etc).

Now we're considering adopting the SPML where each field/attribute is identified by the attribute "name" of the node <attr>.

Is there a way to validate the content of the <value> node according to the value of the "name" attribute in the <attr> node using XSD (or another standard method)?

Thanks

Nir Zayden