provision-comment message

Subject: RE: [provision-comment] Public Comment

Nir,

There are several proposals currently under consideration for adding
complex data support to SPML. I will be glad to explain how this would
be supported in the OpenNetwork Technologies proposal. In the ONT
proposal, complex data can be passed as the contents of the value
element and the SPML Schema that defines that element would reference an
XSD which defines the allowed syntax of the XML. Thus a client can make
an smpl:schemaRequest to retrieve the SPML Schema for a service, and
then that schema could then be used to validate the fields like you want
to do.

The ONT proposal also has a mechanism to pass the provisioning data only
as XML, with out relying on attribute value pairs. Using this mechanism,
XSD is included in the SPML Schema that defines the allowed syntax of
the XML.

The choice of which mechanism to use would be left to the SPML service
implementer.

Of course the committee is still considering several proposals for this
so it's too early to say how this will all work out in the end.

Jeff Bohren
Product Architect
OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc

Try the industry's only 100% .NET-enabled identity management software.
Download your free copy of Universal IdP Standard Edition today. Go to
www.opennetwork.com/eval.