Subject: [provision] Formation of an Issues List

Folks

I’d like to create an official issues list for the committee.  As a first draft, I have the following.  Please comment on these and forward any/all additional outstanding issues to be and I’’ll kick-off a formal list and publish it on the PSTC site:

Issues List

1.      Where does the implementation of a request get deferred?

2.      What’s in protocol ‘V’ implementation guidelines, how do we define this?

3.      How do we ensure that SPML provides a lightweight protocol to allow for minimal implementations for lightweight  RA and minimal PST’s?

4.      Do we need to define attributes and specific actions separately?  This comes from the requirement to do CIM like operations through SPML.  An example given was to execute a re-boot.  Is it right that a PST may implement an action based on a data attribute <attribute name=status value=reboot> or should there be “normalized” out to be recognized operations in the protocol?

5.      Do we need a transaction object in our object model?

6.      Do we need an understanding of an order in the context of service delivery?  It is recognized that the charter specifically calls this notion out of scope, but will we end up with the same concept by the time we have worked through the requirements?

Darran Rolls
MSIM  drolls_waveset@hotmail.com
AIM    drollswaveset
YIM    drolls_waveset