Subject: Standard Schema.

Hi, guys!  It's been a while.  (I apologize for going dark on the PSTC,
but I've had to deal with some personal issues in addition to more
typical professional challenges.)

Related to our effort to define a standard schema, I've done a good deal
of work to sell the idea internally here at Sun.  I convinced/persuaded
decision-makers that Sun Identity Manager should expose a DSML Schema
for use with SPMLv2.  Naturally, I started with the draft of the
SIMPLEST domain model and schema that we had developed at the PSTC.

When my colleagues began to consider the idea seriously, they began
having things to say about the model.  In particular, they zeroed in on
the same area the PSTC had identified as the weakest (the lower
right-hand corner of the ERD), the entities that were originally named
Type-Of-Account and Privilege.  These are now AccountType and
AccountAttribute.  I'll attach the updated SIMPLEST domain model (in PDF
format) to this email.

If we get beyond the domain model (well, first of all I'll be
surprised), then I also have a spreadsheet that I can share.  It's not
pretty, but it is very specific.  It describes each of the proposed
object-classes and attributes.  Some are intended to be interoperable,
some are known to be proprietary, and some are in-between.  I'd be very
interested to know whether any of these attributes seem familiar to
other members of this committee.

I plan to call in to the meeting this afternoon.  (I regret that I am
not actually physically present at the Face-to-Face.)  From my
point-of-view, the most important things are:  1) to catch up on what
has happened on the Standard Schema initiative while I've been offline;
and 2) to gauge the level of interest of committee members in developing
a Standard Schema.

SIMPLEST-domain-model.pdf