regrep-comment message

Subject: [regrep-comment] MIME Types for ExtrinsicObject.

In the ebxml registry/repositry, I found that the MIME type for the
ExtrinsicObject is NOT mandatory. This leads to a problem when I
implement the REST interface to the ebxml reg/rep.
The problem in the REST implementation is that ,(for example)when I
construct & send back the HttpResponse back to the client for the
"getRepositoryItem" method of the QueryManager, the MIME type should be
set correctly. From the RepositoryItem object I will get the DataHandler
and then stream the response back to the client.

If the RepositoryItem is "ExtrinsicObject", and if the MIME type is
*null*, then there is a problem  to set the correct MIME type. It would
be bit hard to find out & set the correct MIME type(which MIME type for
which object) and this can easily be solved if the MIME type is forced
as "mandatory" for the ExtrinsicObject.

Thank you,
-Uday Subbarayan.
uday.s@sun.com