regrep-comment message

Subject: Re: classification, version and looking for samples

À̵¿Çå wrote:

> First, what is the difference between internal classification and
> external classification in ebXML RIM specification v2.5 ?
>
> I read carefully RIM spec, but I don¡¯t understand the difference.
> Please explain this question concretely

Internal Classification uses a taxonomy that resids in registry and the
registry therefor knows its ClassificationNode structure. External
taxonomies are nothing more than a namespace like thing where registry
only knows that taxonomy exists but has no idea what are valid and
invalid values within it.

> Second, how are version attributes(majorVersion, minorVersion, and
> userVersion) in RegistyEntry used for ?

userVersion is supplied by user (submitter) and can be any user-defined
version for the object.
major/minorVersion is registry defined version for the object. The spec
does not currently define when and how the registry should assign it and
therefor this is registry specific for now. We plan to fully define
registry managed versioning in version 4 of the specs. Until then,
implementations may do as they please with these attributes.

> Third, I visit
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ebxmlrr/ebxmlrr/misc/samples/
> for getting examples of instance documents.
>
> But, these examples don¡¯t fit for v2.5 RIM scheme. Can I get examples
> with using fully attributes and fitting to v2.5.

I have attached some samples for version 2.5. Good luck.

--
Regards,
Farrukh

samples.zip