Subject: Re: Proposals for V2: RR as Web Services, Content-based queries,Authorization Policy Admin

Suresh,

The suggestion to work closely with the OASIS XACML committee is a good one.
This will reduce our work load and be synergistic and aligned with OASIS
direction.

I believe Krishna Sankar is our link to that committee. It would be good if
he could in lead this effort if the proposal is accepted.

"Damodaran, Suresh" wrote:

> Farrukh,
>
> The proposal to make available ebXML Registry
> as a web service is a timely one. In addition to the
> items mentioned in Section 2.2 on de facto standards,
> can't this approach also help to create
> a standard way to interoperate with UDDI?
> I do think it is a good project to push for, though
> the question on whether WSDL binding specification
> is within the scope of ebXML reg still remains.
>
> The proposal on Content based queries is an excellent
> one. Use cases such as 4.1 "Find all CPPs Where Role
> is Supplier" are useful.
>
> The proposal for Authorization Policy has good use cases.
> However, I don't think  regrep need to reinvent
> the wheel on authorization policies that is being
> worked on by OASIS XACML committee. It may be better
> to work closely with XACML on this use case.
>
> Regards,
> -Suresh

begin:vcard
n:Najmi;Farrukh
tel;work:781-442-0703
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sun.com
org:Sun Microsystems;Java Software
adr:;;1 Network Dr. MS BUR02-302;Burlington;MA;01803-0902;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:najmi@east.sun.com
fn:Farrukh Najmi
end:vcard