Subject: RE: [regrep] Implementing CCTS in Registry - further thoughts

Dave,

Sounds good - we'll look forward to working further on all this.

The biggest challenge I see is educating people in just what
they CAN do today with the registry as is.

People assume because they cannot see their piece - that
its not there.   The message I'm trying to promote is that
this thing is very much like a piece of clay - once you
know how to exploit what it can offer - then you can create
much more than it at first appears.

Of course the big problem is that none of the implementations
to date offer a "user-centric" set of customization features and
tools built on top of the base RIM library functions.  However,
hopefully this is changing in the near future with upcoming
product releases.

We need to move from the situation where you need in-depth
knowledge of the inner workings - to being able to
implement custom features quickly and easily yourself.

In the meantime - we can continue to create XML examples
and use cases so at least people can use those as a
'look and learn' set of steps.

Thanks, DW
Message text written by "Dave Welsh"
>Christina Portillo who compared the ebXML RegRep with the UDDI Registry,
and drew some very good additional points industry will need from both
specs - to make them more useful.

As I mentioned, once the BP Catalog team have finished and released
their approved Technical Report, we'll share the requirements with the
Oasis Registry team.
<