Subject: Re: [regrep] [Topic Maps vs. RDF][Fwd: [egov] Re: [huml] The Office of Justice Programs's (OJP) Justice XML Data Dictionay]

I agree with David's statement.  To fully support e-Business each type of
interaction needs to be supported by an appropriate structure. Such as,

Topic Maps to manage an index of content e.g. List of OASIS TC's

OWL Ontology to allow an agent-based registry client to interrogate and
extract classified content e.g. OASIS Registry of Specifications

RDF to declare how an ontology describing all the components of a
particular TC's  specification is related to the OASIS lists of Topics

Z395 to define how the content of multiple federated registries / catalogs
/ repositories can be presented in one result set e.g. Melded content from
OASIS Registry, Public UDDI

 <quote who="Chiusano Joseph">

--
Carl Mattocks CEO CHECKMi