Subject: SAML support in ebXML Registry: By Ed Buchinski et. al

TC Members,

Per my action item from last TC meeting I have been digging deeper into
the issue of SAML support for ebXML Registry.
Attached is a paper by Ed Buchinski et. al from the Canadian Government
on the subject. Please share your thoughts
on this thread. I am particularly interested in questions or thoughts
you may have on specific changes we may have to make
in our 3.0 specs in order to support SAML.

One question raised thus far in last TC meeting was whether SAML 1.1
support by ebXML Registry should be required or optional.
Your thoughts on that issue would be a good starting point.

Thanks.

SAMLSupportInebXMLRegistry.pdf