Subject: Re: [regrep] [Draft] Statement of relationship with other standards

Peter Kacandes wrote:
Given that SOAP is a W3C standard and the WS-I is separate from OASIS, first sentence should say

"a variety of OASIS and other standards . . ."

Revised per Peter's good suggestion above....

As Kathryn mentioned, in order to submit our specs for OASIS standardization process next week we need
a statement of relationship of our specs with other standards. Per my ACTION from previous meetings I am
providing the draft text below.

Please share comments on this thread. Thanks.

<draft text>

[3.] A statement regarding the relationship of this specification to similar work of other OASIS TCs or other standards developing organizations.

The OASIS ebXML Registry 3.0 specifications are aligned with a variety of OASIS and other standards as described below.
  • The OASIS Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.0 specification is used to  provide Message Security for the Registry protocol.
  • The OASIS Web Services Security: SOAP Message with Attachments (SwA) Profile 1.0 specification is used to  provide Message Security for SOAP attachments within the Registry protocol.
  • The OASIS XACML 1.0 specification is used to define the syntax for registry Access Control Policies.
  • The OASIS SAML 2.0 specifications are used to support Federated Identity Management and Single Sign On within the registry.
  • The registry conforms to the WS-I: Basic Security Profile 1.0  for Message Security for the Registry protocol.
  • The registry conforms to the WS-I: Basic Profile 1.1 for SOAP conformance.
Limited similarities exist between the OASIS ebXML Registry 3.0 and OASIS UDDI 3.0.
Both specifications define a registry for web services and a registry exposed as a web service.
UDDI 3.0 specifies a registry only, while ebXML Registry 3.0 specifies both a registry and a repository.
No explicit dependencies exist between the two OASIS specification efforts.