Subject: External input on Service Information Model

Hi Kashif,

I am forwarding the message.

We look forward to your input to the proposal and how we could improve it.
As I understand it SAWSDL does not define a new service model. Instead
it provides
a way to add semantic annotations to XML documents. One area where I
feel it is lacking
at present is that it does not define a way to do external binding of
SAWSDL annotations to
an existing XMl document without altering it. The analogy is that of
JAXB and how it allows
inline binding customization as well as external binding customization.
RegRep could play a useful
role in supporting the external semantic annotation use case with very
little spec work.

What do you think?

Can you please consider joining the TC even so you can participate on
the TC mailing list?
Perhaps your university could get an OASIS membership?

Thanks again for your input.