relax-ng-comment message

Subject: RE: [relax-ng-comment] interleave vs mixed

Hi James.

> > If I change the keyword to mixed, (which adds a
> > <text/> element to the interleave) it doesn't quite
> > give me the result I'd expect
>
> Changing "interleave" to "mixed" does not have the effect of adding "text"
> to the "interleave".

Hmm. Well, the tutorial says

"
<mixed> p </mixed>

is short for

"

which is also what section 4.13 of the spec
suggests says.

So I assumed

<mixed>
  <zeroOrMore>
  </zeroOrMore>
  <zeroOrMore>
  </zeroOrMore>
  <zeroOrMore>
  </zeroOrMore>
</mixed>

became

<interleave>
  <text/>
  <zeroOrMore>
  </zeroOrMore>
  <zeroOrMore>
  </zeroOrMore>
  <zeroOrMore>
  </zeroOrMore>
</interleave>

by the above rule. Obviously this is not
so.

So how is p determined?

In my case, why is p not

  <zeroOrMore>
  </zeroOrMore>
  <zeroOrMore>
  </zeroOrMore>
  <zeroOrMore>
  </zeroOrMore>

Where is the addition of the group wrapper
mentioned in the tutorial/spec?

Would you be able to give an example of the
type of content you intended that the mixed
element would address? Given the addition of group,
I can't see them being very common as mentioned
by the tutorial.

Regards
Michael