Subject: Re: Minutes of 5 April Telcon

James Tauber wrote:

> Is it simply that the implementation complexity outweighs the perceived
> usefulness?

Yes.  I do not think that this feature is required to declare a victory.
I also think that delay is more fatal than lack of features.

> Concur was as simple for me to implement as any other pattern (and
> considerably easier than overall non-determinism). I realise this was
> because my implementation is backtracking.

I strongly believe that each feature should be introduced after considering
how to create tree automata.  Backtracking implementations are easier, but
they ocasionally perform exhaustive search and issue inappropriate
error message.