Subject: RE: [rights] rushing the spec out: two questions

Title: RE: [rights] rushing the spec out: two questions
>Patrick Durusau wrote

>Personally I think the group as a whole deserves an answer to Bob's question about "what's the rush?"

Actually, I know the answer to that question: many on the committee feel a sense of urgency because of the MPEG group's milestone dates. My questions were variations on this: what specific evidence is there that there will be a significant payoff from basing our dates on theirs? I still haven't seen any answers.

Bob