Subject: RE: [rights] TIME OUT, PLEASE

Aaron:

I'm trying not to get involved in the TC discussions, as I'm just an
observer (and reluctant referee :-) My job responsibility is to ensure
that the TC follows the OASIS TC Process, and my interest is to
prevent a black eye for OASIS were the TC to implode.

Last week I offered a suggestion that, while not perfect, *could* have
the effect of stopping the controversy that's been disrupting the work
of the TC. But there's an even better solution: that the members of
the TC come to a consensus on what the TC should be working on.

The discussions of the past few days seem to have been much more
constructive; I see that as a sign that it's possible for things to be
resolved without the TC having to split up. I would prefer to see it
this way.

I understand that different people have had different reasons for
joining the TC and have different directions that they would like the
TC to take, but I urge the TC membership to resolve these issues and
come to agreement so you can get back to work. I assume that your
interest in joining the TC was to do technical work, not to fight.
Please listen thoughtfully to each others' concerns, be willing to
give up a little, and be willing to work within a democratic process.
You've got a roster of very talented and knowledgable people on the
TC; there's got to be some common ground among all of the valid and
valuable opinions and insights being offered.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
+1 978.667.5115 x206