Subject: Re: [sarif] Groups - Agenda for May 25, 2023 uploaded

On Sat, 2023-05-20 at 01:34 +0000, David Keaton wrote:
> -----------------
> Document Name: Agenda for May 25, 2023
> Description
> No description provided.
> View Details:
> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sarif/document.php?document_id=71048
> Download Latest Revision:
> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sarif/download.php/71048/latest/agenda_20230525.html
> Public Download Link:
> https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=71048&wg_abbrev=sarif
> -----------------
> Submitter: David Keaton
>
> Group: OASIS Static Analysis Results Interchange Format (SARIF) TC
> Folder: Meeting Notes
> Date submitted: 2023-05-19 18:34:01

I have a couple of issues I'd like to discuss, either here or at the
meeting:

(A) "Which goes first - "version" or "$schema"?"
  https://github.com/oasis-tcs/sarif-spec/issues/571

"3.13.2 version property" says: "Although the order in which properties
appear in a JSON object value is not semantically significant, the
version property SHOULD appear first."

However, in two of the three examples that have a "$schema", the
$schema appears before the "version".

Am I right in thinking that these examples should be changed so that
the "version" appears before the "$schema"?  FWIW the current errata
doesn't fix this.  Or does it not matter?  In my GCC SARIF generation
code I have the "$schema" before the "version" (I was copying one of
the examples, I think)

(B) "Please clarify the licensing of the SARIF schema files #583 "
  https://github.com/oasis-tcs/sarif-spec/issues/583
Is is possible/necessary to add a LICENSE.md e.g. to
https://docs.oasis-open.org/sarif/sarif/v2.1.0/os/schemas/
to clarify the terms under which the schema files are available, as I
would like to redistribute the schema files.  Or is there an explicit
licensing statement somewhere that I missed?

Thanks
Dave