Subject: Process for publishing a translation to markdown

I took an action item at today's meeting to study the various OASIS processes to see if there was one that fit a new edition of a standard that was only a translation of the source from Word to markdown.

The closest I found was the process of Approved Errata, because the procedure is shorter and because it is only allowed for non-material changes. However, it does not really fit the present purpose. First, we would not be doing this to correct errors, which would be the normal purpose of Approved Errata. Second, it retroactively updates the present version of the standard instead of creating a new one. If we were to introduce an error inadvertently, it would retroactively affect everyone using the present version of the standard.

It is up to the TC to decide what to do. My advice would be to have a version of the standard that is just a translation to markdown, to be approved by the TC for *internal TC use only*, and not try to publish it. The next revision of the standard would then be based on this foundation.

					David