Subject: Re: [sarif] Process for publishing a translation to markdown

Dear members,

On Fri, Nov 10, 2023, at 03:34, David Keaton wrote:
      I took an action item at today's meeting to study the various
OASIS processes to see if there was one that fit a new edition of a
standard that was only a translation of the source from Word to markdown.

      The closest I found was the process of Approved Errata, because
the procedure is shorter and because it is only allowed for non-material
changes.  However, it does not really fit the present purpose.  First,
we would not be doing this to correct errors, which would be the normal
purpose of Approved Errata.  Second, it retroactively updates the
present version of the standard instead of creating a new one.  If we
were to introduce an error inadvertently, it would retroactively affect
everyone using the present version of the standard.

      It is up to the TC to decide what to do.  My advice would be to
have a version of the standard that is just a translation to markdown,
to be approved by the TC for *internal TC use only*, and not try to
publish it.  The next revision of the standard would then be based on
this foundation.

David [...]

I, Stefan Hagen, second the advised procedure (internal only) from David.

In any case (errata or internal) we will need the transformed document.
So, I amended the pull request #599 to provide such a candidate for TC internal use after approval.

Cheers,
Stefan.
---
Stefan Hagen, Emmetten, Nidwalden, Switzerland.
read: https://stefan-hagen.website
write: stefan@hagen.link