Subject: Draft minutes from 2009-10-06 and 07 are attached

Title: SCA-Assy - 2009-10-06

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-Assembly TC

06 OCT 2009 - 07 OCT 2009

Attendees

Present

Mark Combellack Avaya, Inc. Group Member
Dale Moberg Axway Software* Group Member
Robert Freund Hitachi, Ltd. Group Member
Eric Wells Hitachi, Ltd. Group Member
Bryan Aupperle IBM Group Member
David Booz IBM Group Member
Mike Edwards IBM Group Member
Simon Holdsworth IBM Group Member
Diane Jordan IBM Group Member
Mike Kaiser IBM Group Member
Dieter Koenig IBM Group Member
Peter Niblett IBM Group Member
Peter Furniss Individual Group Member
Jeff Estefan Jet Propulsion Laboratory:* Group Member
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation Group Member
Rich Levinson Oracle Corporation Group Member
Jeff Mischkinsky Oracle Corporation Group Member
Gilbert Pilz Oracle Corporation Group Member
Clemens Utschig - Utschig Oracle Corporation Group Member
Plamen Pavlov SAP AG* Group Member
Murty Gurajada TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Sabin Ielceanu TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Danny van der Rijn TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Scott Vorthmann TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member

Chair

Mike Edwards

Scribe

Bob Freund

Agenda:

1. Introductions

Roll call
Scribe confirmation
Agenda bashing

2. Approval of minutes of previous SCA-Assembly TC meeting

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/34532/SCA%20Assembly%20minutes%202009-09-29.html

3. Action Items

None

4. TC Administrivia

a)1.t Public Review of the Assembly Model spec ended June 23

Public comments list:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly-comment/

b) Looking for Proposals for all open issues - see Item 8 of this agenda

5. Test Assertions and TestCases

Public Review started on Aug1. and is due to end on Oct1..

6. Existing Issues with Proposals

ASSEMBLY-1.7: Make support for constrainingType an optional compliance point
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.7

Alternative Proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/20091./msg00008.html

ASSEMBLY1.9: What is a constrainingType file supposed to look like?
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.9

Proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200909/msg00233.html

ASSEMBLY1.2: Need a normative statement for @autowire inheritance
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.2

Proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200909/msg00226.html

ASSEMBLY1.3: There are no conformance statements in section 8.5 (CD03)
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.3

Proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200909/msg00227.html

ASSEMBLY1.5: Unmarked MUST on line1.30 (CD03)
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.5

Proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200909/msg00228.html

7. Test Suite Open Issues

ASSEMBLY1.9: Errors in Artifacts for ASM_1.005_TestCase
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.9

Proposal is in JIRA

ASSEMBLY1.0: Errors in Artifacts for a set of testcases in ASM_1.0xx range
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.0

Proposal is in JIRA

ASSEMBLY1.1. Problems with artifacts for a set of the TestCases for SCA Assembly
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.1.

Proposal is in JIRA

ASSEMBLY1.2: ASM-TA-5031.is not adequately tested by any TestCase in the Test Suite
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.2

ASSEMBLY1.3: Errors in Test Artifacts for ASM_6022, ASM_5032, ASM_501.
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.3

Proposal is in JIRA

ASSEMBLY1.5: Current Schema for Properties does not support value attribute- [ASM50027]
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.5

Proposal is in JIRA

ASSEMBLY1.9: Align Test Assertion Document with latest Draft Assembly Spec
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.9

8. New Issues

ASSEMBLY1.2: sca-core.xsd incorrectly has @autowire attribute for composite element
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.2

ASSEMBLY1.3: Conformance statement for binding.sca
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.3

ASSEMBLY1.4: TestCase client - need to add capability for Test Bridge to check the actual error returned by the runtime.
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.4

ASSEMBLY1.5: Artfacts for Testcases that have statically checkable errors must be placed into separate Contributions
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.5

ASSEMBLY1.6: ASM_5023 - incorrect interfaces and referencename in TestComposite1..composite
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.6

9. Existing Issues without proposals

ASSEMBLY-1.2: Microsoft technical comment about the SCA Assembly Model specification #1.
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.2

ASSEMBLY-1.9: Few comments from Siemens
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.9

ASSEMBLY1.8: Assembly specification unclear on Contribution vs Deployment - when can errors in artifacts be reported?
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.8

ASSEMBLY1.0: Need TAs and testcases for property/@file and property/@many=true http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.0

ASSEMBLY1.8: Composite property example contradicts spec definition
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-1.8

ASSEMBLY 80: Create an Event Processing Model for SCA http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-80

Directional proposal is in this email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200906/msg001.9

Agenda:

Agenda is to continue to explore and refine the positions we agreed previously:

Position 1: the current SCA 1.1 model needs tweaking/adding to, to
support a pub/sub paradigm.

What changes are required?

Position 2: SCA 1.1 use of WSDL has certain assumptions in
assemblers/developers heads (and current tooling), which need re-examining for pub/sub.

What are the different assumptions?

Position 3: SCA 1.1 wires and wiring may be too restrictive for pub/sub and need to be relaxed/extended.

What do we need to change?

Position 4: We agreed to discuss whether an assembler looking at SCDL should be
able to distinguish between events and one-way requests.

Contents

Topics
[1]  Opening
[2]  Administivia
[3]  Existing Issues with proposals
[4]  ASSEMBLY-157: Make support for constrainingType an optional compliance point http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-157
[5]  ASSEMBLY 139: What is a constrainingType file supposed to look like? http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-139
[6]  ASSEMBLY 142: Need a normative statement for @autowire inheritance http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-142
[7]  ASSEMBLY 143: There are no conformance statements in section 8.5 (CD03) http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-143
[8]  ASSEMBLY 145: Unmarked MUST on line 1030 (CD03) http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-145
[9]  New Issues
[10]  ASSEMBLY 182: sca-core.xsd incorrectly has @autowire attribute for composite element http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-182
[11]  AOB
[12]  AOB
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
id=2009-10-06-1 status=pending Edwards to inform the other related TCs concerning Assembly-157
id=2009-10-06-2 status=pending Edwards to produce an updated version of the spec without constraining type

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Bob Freund

Opening

Roll - quorate with 17 of 26 voting members present (65%)
Agenda - agreed
<EricW>
Bob - I should be OK for next week
Resolution: Minutes of 2009-09-29 approved w/o

Administivia

Edwards:
There are still a few items on the public comments list that have not been responded to

...we still need proposals for some open issues

Existing Issues with proposals

ASSEMBLY-157: Make support for constrainingType an optional compliance point http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-157

Karmarkar discusses his proposal
<EricW>
Bob Thats OK, how about tomorrow? I may be busy with HAL.
Booz speaks in favor of the proposal
Motion: m:Karmarkar s:Booz Resolve Assembly-157 by removing the constraining type feature and stripping all mention of constraining type throughout the spec and schema files
Resolution: m:Karmarkar s:Booz Resolve Assembly-157 by removing the constraining type feature and stripping all mention of constraining type throughout the spec and schema files w/o

ASSEMBLY 139: What is a constrainingType file supposed to look like? http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-139

Motion: m:Booz s:Aupperle Close Assembly-139 without action
Resolution: m:Booz s:Aupperle Close Assembly-139 without action w/o
Action: Edwards to inform the other related TCs concerning Assembly-157
Action: Edwards to produce an updated version of the spec without constraining type

ASSEMBLY 142: Need a normative statement for @autowire inheritance http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-142

Motion: m:Booz s:Wells Resolve Assembly-142 with the proposal at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200909/msg00226.html
Resolution: m:Booz s:Wells Resolve Assembly-142 with the proposal at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200909/msg00226.html w/o

ASSEMBLY 143: There are no conformance statements in section 8.5 (CD03) http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-143

Edwards reviews his proposal
<anish>
my recollection is similar to dave's
Edwards:
Perhaps we ought to continue to discuss this further on the email list.

ASSEMBLY 145: Unmarked MUST on line 1030 (CD03) http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-145

Edwards discusses his delightfully simple proposal
Resolution: m:Booz s:Aupperle Resolve Assembly-145 with the proposal at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200909/msg00228.html w/o

New Issues

ASSEMBLY 182: sca-core.xsd incorrectly has @autowire attribute for composite element http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-182

Edwards introduces his new issue
Resolution: m:Aupperle s:Booz New Issue Assembly-182 Opened w/o

AOB

straggler roll
recessed until 2009-10-07 at 12:00 EDT
<Scott>
never mind the email, passcode finally worked
meeting resumes...
Karmarkar suggests a virtual face to face to accelerate progress.
Tibco expresses the ned to take perhaps 4-5 weeks to develop positions and proposals on several topics
There is a concern about the degree of new material that the eventing proposal addes to the specification and that we ought to seek ways to re-use as much as possible
<anish>
thinking more on TIBCO's position, i find it untenable. You can't say, I have some ideas, but I don't have time to work on it and I want you to hold off making any decisions till I get around to working on it. We do have a proposal on the table. I don't necessarily think that it is perfect, and that is open for discussion. I can't see us not continuing to have a discussion. I'm happy to have the WSDL-related discussion as we are having right now, but the earlier TIBCO puts their proposal on the table the better it is.
<Peter Niblett>
+1 to what Anish is saying about the grouping of operations into a WSDL portType. It seems to me that that's the main difference. In a service you have to implement all the operations that are in the portType, but in the event world you might want to group together a set of related events, but a given producer might want only to process one fo these types
<Peter Niblett>
you could limit it to have 1 op per portType, but that looks to be bending the idea of using WSDL
<Mike Edwards>
Yes, that would be quite a bit of bending, in my opinion
<anish>
indeed. the Q is do we start special casing WSDL or use event types
Edwards:
Is there a need to capture the pub-sub nature of an application in the assembly layer?
<anish>
i think that we need a real f2f to get to the bottom of this and get ppl to converge (or figure out that we can't). I'm beginning to have doubts about being able to resolve this with calls (weekly or bi-weekly) or even a virtual "f2f". Virtual f2f would be better, but unlikely to allow us to get all the issues on the table and discussed
Time out...

AOB

straggler roll
adjourned

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2009-10-12 at 22:45:59 GMT+2

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-Assembly TC...' was assumed

statistics: Schreiber found 69 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 2: s/1./Agenda: 1.

edits: Line 8: s/date/date:

edits: Line 12: s/present/present (65%)

edits: Line 63: s/Aupperly/Aupperle/G

edits: Line 68: s/Agenda/Agenda: Agenda

edit-substitute: command on line 2 succeeded, changed line 1 from '1.' to 'Agenda: 1.'

edit-delete: Line 2 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 8 succeeded, changed line 3 from 'date' to 'date:'

command-scribe: Line 4: Bob Freund is recognized

command-scribe: Line 4: Bob Freund's nick Bob has been selected

edit-delete: Line 8 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 12 succeeded, changed line 9 from 'present' to 'present (65%)'

edit-delete: Line 12 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 63 succeeded, changed line 58 from 'Aupperly' to 'Aupperle'

edit-delete: Line 63 was deleted

citation-detection-scribed: Line 66: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'recessed until 2009-10-07 at 12'

edit-substitute: command on line 68 succeeded, changed line 67 from 'Agenda' to 'Agenda: Agenda'

edit-delete: Line 68 was deleted

command-autoroll/oasis: Line 114: Attempting to fetch roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=25347

command-autoroll/oasis: Line 114: Successfully fetched roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=25347

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.1.0.7