Subject: Raw TC Minutes for 10 March

Agenda
1. Opening

Introductions

Scribe assignment

Top of the scribe list:

Plamen Pavlov SAP AG
Laurent Domenech TIBCO Software Inc.
Ant Elder IBM
David Booz IBM
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation
Tom Rutt Fujitsu Limited
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation
Bryan Aupperle IBM
Eric Johnson TIBCO Software Inc.

Agenda bashing

2. Approval of the minutes from 3 March:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/41329/SCA%20Bindings%20minutes%202011-03-03.doc

3. Actions

20110303-1 [Anish Karmarkar] Draft a final version of the proposal to resolve 146 for the test cases document.
20110303-2 [Mike Edwards] Come up with specific text for test assertions document, and open an issue indicating the need for conformance statement in test assertions.
20110303-3 [Anish Karmarkar] Send a proposal to get us started on BINDINGS-145.

4. New Issues

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-147
Conformance Statement missing for the JMS Binding Assertions

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-148
Conformance Statement missing for the Web Services Binding Assertions

5. IETF JMS URI reference

Discuss recent email response from TC admin and proposed modification of the reference text.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201103/msg00007.html

6. Editorial issue in WS Binding TA abstract

Reported in email: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201103/msg00013.html

7. Open Issues

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-142
Missing links to test artifacts (WS)
Owner: Editors
Latest email: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201103/msg00016.html

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-143
Missing links to test artifacts (JMS)
Owner: Editors

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-145
There's no linkage between the web services binding spec and the test cases document
Owner: Anish Karmarkar

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-146
WS Binding Testcases document has no conformance section
Owner: Anish Karmarkar
Latest email: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201103/msg00016.html

8. AOB

Meeting is Quorate - 70% voting members present
Item 2 Meeting Minutes
Minutes from 3 March are approved without change
Item 3 Action Items
20110303-1 DONE [Anish Karmarkar] Draft a final version of the proposal to resolve 146 for the test cases document.
20110303-2 DONE [Mike Edwards] Come up with specific text for test assertions document, and open an issue indicating the need for conformance statement in test assertions.
20110303-3 DONE [Anish Karmarkar] Send a proposal to get us started on BINDINGS-145.
Item 4 New Issues
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-147
Conformance Statement missing for the JMS Binding Assertion
Mike introduces the issue
- Test Assertions document has no conformance requirements
Mike moves to open Issue 147 seconded by Eric
Motion passes unanimously
Issue 147 is open
Mike discusses the proposal to resolve Issue 147
This proposal aims to leave the document as a specification.
Tom asks whether this proposal would apply to anyone's testcases or the TC's testcases only
Mike: Intended to apply to any testcases that are based off the test assertions - including third party ones
Anish: Not keen on the capital "T" in the word "Testcases" in the proposal text.
Anish: Probably would create the document as a Committee Note if we were starting from scratch, but late in the game now - this doc is only really a recipe to create the TestCase suite.
Eric: Problem with having this as a spec is that Exit Criteria require 2 implementations of the spec - this would be problematic.  As a result it would be better done as a Committee Note
Anish Karmarkar: my suggestion for the wording: s/Each Testcase/A test case/
Anish: Test Assertions document is referenced in the Testcases document - is it ok to have such a reference from an OASIS spec to something that is simply a committee Draft?
Mike: I simply dont know the answer to that
Simon: I'm not sure that the requirement for 2 different testcase suites is really required for the test assertions.
Eric: I dont see the value of having 2 impls of test assertions
Anish: There is no apparent requirement for a normative reference to be to a formal spec
<Discussion of the exit criteria for the Testcases document>
Anish Karmarkar we should just have a single massive TC which has 4 calls a week
MartinC: I dont think it was anyones intention that test assertions and test cases have two impls!
Simon Holdsworth: no me neither
MartinC: +1 to tom, test assertions are a stepping stone, dont even need to be committe spec level
Simon: If we decide to make it a note, there is no urgency to publish the document as a Note
Anish Karmarkar we are going through this because we are blazing new territory. OASIS has never done CT/TCKs before
Bryan: Only in so far as there is a reference in the testcases document
Anish Karmarkar the Test cases document (not the zip file) is such an artificial construct, IMHO
Straw poll: a) Leave as a Spec
b) Make it a Committee Note
c) Make it an appendix in the Testcase document
Anish Karmarkar initiated a vote - please click the Vote button to cast your ballot:
What to do with the TA doc?
(1) Add a conformance section and leave it as a spec
(2) Make it a CN
(3) Make it an appendix in the TC doc
This is a multiple-choice vote.
for the TestAssertions
MartinC voted for: Make it an appendix in the TC doc
Eric Johnson voted for: Make it a CN
Bryan Aupperle voted for: Make it a CN
Bryan Aupperle voted for: Make it a CN,Make it an appendix in the TC doc
Simon Holdsworth voted for: Add a conformance section and leave it as a spec,Make it an appendix in the TC doc
Ashok (Oracle) voted for: Make it an appendix in the TC doc
Anish Karmarkar voted for: Make it an appendix in the TC doc
Plamen voted for: Make it an appendix in the TC doc
Mike Edwards voted for: Make it an appendix in the TC doc
Tom Rutt (Fujitsu) voted for: Make it a CN,Make it an appendix in the TC doc
Anish Karmarkar ended the vote - results:
What to do with the TA doc?

Tally  Choice
1      Add a conformance section and leave it as a spec
3      Make it a CN
8      Make it an appendix in the TC doc
0      Abstains
Simon: Make it an appendix seems to win
Simon: Need someone to build an updated version of the Testcases to reflect this
Tom, Anish: Easier to do b) (simple change to front page)
Simon: I'll try to do b) - ie make a committee note
Simon: Sorry, I'll attempt to do c) - make it an appendix
ACTION 20110310-01 (Simon) Prepare a version of the JMS Tetscase document with the test assertions as an appendix
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-148
Conformance Statement missing for the Web Services Binding Assertions
Anish moves to open Issue 148, seconded by Bryan
Motion passes unanimously
Issue 148 is open
ACTION 20110310-02: (Simon) Prepare a version of the Web services testcase document with the test assertions as an appendix
Item 5. IETF JMS URI reference

Discuss recent email response from TC admin and proposed modification of the reference text.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201103/msg00007.html
Simon describes the discussion
Simon: Designated x-ref not appropriate.
Simon: Others have done this via extra text added to the spec, next to the reference
- as shown in the email above
ACTION 20110310-03: (Editors) Make the change to the Spec doc + Testcases doc described in http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201103/msg00007.html
Item
6. Editorial issue in WS Binding TA abstract

Reported in email: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bindings/201103/msg00013.html
Simon: Moot given the proposals relating to the Test Assertions documents
- there is no issue yet
Item 7 Open Issues
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-145
There's no linkage between the web services binding spec and the test cases document
Owner: Anish Karmarkar
Anish Karmarkar: Add subsection "1.4 Non-Normative References" - with a reference to the WS Binding testcases document and subsection "1.4 Testcases" with text:
"TestCases for SCA Web Service Binding Specification Version 1.1 [ref] defines test cases for this specification. The TestCases represent a series of tests that SCA runtimes are expected to pass in order to claim conformance to the requirements of this specification.
Anish Karmarkar: s/1.4 Testcases/1.5 Testcases/
Brian: Note that this does NOT force the conformance requirement of passing the testcases
Anish moves to resolve Issue 145 with the text above, seconded by Ashok
Motion passes unanimously
Issue 145 is resolved
Simon (to Anish) we need a similar issue for each of the JMS binding & JCA binding
AOB
Call is 1 hour earlier next week for Europeans (same time in USA)
Meeting closed

Yours, Mike

Dr Mike Edwards  Mail Point 137, Hursley Park
STSM  Winchester, Hants SO21 2JN
SCA & Services Standards  United Kingdom
Co-Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC
IBM Software Group
Phone: +44-1962 818014
Mobile: +44-7802-467431 (274097)