sca-j-comment message

Subject: Re: [sca-j-comment] comment on @WebParam/@WebResult

Mike,

So what is the purpose of calling attention to this, as opposed to say @WebFault/@RequestWrapper/@ResponseWrapper for which we don't say anything special for SCA but just defer to JAX-WS?

Why do we need to know the "parameter name" mapped to?  Is it just for describing the serialization?

I'd imagine @WebParam/@WebResult could be important for specifying serialization details for an XML wireformat.    But so could the three above, in a similar manner.  The @SOAPBinding can be important in this regard too, since it can be used to signify the presence or absence of the doc-lit-wrapped wrapper.

So are we mentioning @WebParam/@WebResult simply to emphasize the point (in which case we could have emphasized the same for the other annotations I mentioned, but just didn't bother) ?   Or is there some other reason to mention the mapping to "parameter name" for some more abstract purpose (or another specific one)?

Regards,

Scott Kurz

From:        Mike Edwards <mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com>
To:        Scott Kurz/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS, sca-j-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        11/25/2010 03:55 AM

Scott,

In relation to the whole of that section, for items like "Sets parameter name" this is *always* talking about the mapping to

WSDL - that is what these JAX-WS annotations are all about.

You are right in saying that the Java is what it is, but the WSDL mapped from that Java is what is at issue here - and
nominally, SCA is working off that WSDL mapping.

Yours, Mike

Dr Mike Edwards  Mail Point 146, Hursley Park
STSM  Winchester, Hants SO21 2JN
SCA & Services Standards  United Kingdom
Co-Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC
IBM Software Group
Phone: +44-1962 818014
Mobile: +44-7802-467431 (274097)