sca-j-jee message

Subject: Re: [sca-j-jee] Working Draft 03

Anish,

I don't feel strongly about this at all. The EJB binding is much more closely related to the capabilities described in the SCA JEE spec than the JMS and JCA binding specs. Given that, the motivation was simply to keep closely related spec bits together.

Certainly I understand that SCA is a lot to implement, and implementing the JEE binding first is the logical first step toward JEE integration. I'm sure we could engineer the spec words to allow vendors the freedom to do this, but I also recognize that we can achieve the same goal by keeping the specs seperate, and without extra work.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Co-Chair OASIS SCA-Policy TC
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com
Inactive hide details for Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

          Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

          09/12/2008 02:41 AM

David Booz/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS

cc

sca-j-jee@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [sca-j-jee] Working Draft 03

Dave,

Could you elaborate on why you think EJB binding spec should be
incorporated into this document? I tend to think that EJB binding spec
stands on its own. This would allow an SCA runtime that does not want to
have a full-fledged JEE support to have references with EJB binding
pointing to external services.

-Anish
--

David Booz wrote:
> Regrets for the call today, a conflict popped up unexpectedly.
>
> I have reviewed WD03 from Mike E and I think it is another good step
> forward. There are a few comments in the doc worth discussing and I've
> noted a few very small changes that I'll communicate later. I would urge
> that we continue refining the document, and consider incorporating the
> EJB binding spec into this document as a near term, next step.
>
> Speak to you all next week.
>

> Dave Booz
> STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
> Co-Chair OASIS SCA-Policy TC
> "Distributed objects first, then world hunger"
> Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
> e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

GIF image