Subject: Re: [sca-j] When more than one interface with the same unqualified nameused in the @Service annotation

What prompted me to raise this issue is "Section 5.1.2 The ComponentType of
an Unaltered Session Bean in Java EE Integration Specification v1.0" that
talks about the services computed from a session bean.  I did not want to
raise an issue in sca-j-jee (which I will be doing later) even before the
first meeting of of the sub committee :o).  There are other places in the
Java Component Implementation Specification Version 1.1 draft  (for e.g.
Sec 2.3 Introspecting services offered by a Java implementation) and other
specifications too that need to be considered for a similar change.  I see
that using the fully qualified class/interface name for the service name is
the simplest solution (may not be the best considering it is not compatible
with v1.0 spec).

++Vamsi

             Simon Nash
             <NASH@uk.ibm.com>
             13/08/2008 19:24          sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [sca-j] When more than one
                                       interface with the same unqualified
                                       name used in the @Service
                                       annotation

Mike,
There is a third option:

- Make this an error case.  One of the Java interfaces needs to be renamed
to resolve the conflict.

My preference is option 3.  I don't like option 2.  I could live with
option 1.

Note that options 1 and 3 are not incompatible.  Even if we go for option
1, we have to say what happens if the alias name isn't specified.  In this
case I believe the result should be option 3, not option 2.

    Simon

Simon C. Nash, IBM Distinguished Engineer
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Tel. +44-1962-815156  Fax +44-1962-818999

 Mike Edwards/UK/IBM@IBMGB

                                            sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                            Re: [sca-j] When more than one
                                            interface with the same
                                            unqualified name used in the
                                            @Service annotation

Vamsi,

You have found a hole in the specifications, I think.

I am not in favour of having the whole qualified interface class name used
as the service name.

I suggest the following set of changes - I'm interested in see folks'
reactions to these suggestions
before I raise a formal Issue:

- Permit the @Service annotation to provide a name for the service,
independent of the name of the
interface class (I'm surprised that we don't have this already)

- Where the default name is being used, derived from the name of the
interface class, if two services
end up with the same name, I suggest appending "_n" to the end of the name
for the 2nd and subsequent
services with the same name, where "n" is a number that starts with 1 and
increments by 1.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com