Subject: Re: [sca-j] ISSUE 121: Work in progress zip file

Mark,
Thanks very much for these comments.  Responses inline.

   Simon

Mark Combellack wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>

> I have had a quick look over the zip file and have the following comments.
>

>     * There is no package.html file containing JavaDoc for the
>       org.oasisopen.sca and org.oasisopen.sca.annotation packages

I added these with temporary minimal contents.  We need spec words
describing the packages that we can copy to these files.

>     * Perhaps we should add a footer to the JavaDoc pages detailing the
>       OASIS copyright information and version. See
>       http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/javadoc.html#footer

Done.

>     * Oasis copyright ought to have 2009 in the headers too

Done.

>     * There are several JavaDoc warnings produced by Eclipse. It may be
>       worth attempting to fix these. I’ve included the Eclipse warnings
>       at the end of this email

Done, except for those that need spec words to be added.

> Regarding your comment on all interfaces, classes and exception being in
> one list for all classes. I believe this is the way that it works. If
> you view an individual package, it splits them up by type. For example,
> see JDK 1.6 JavaDoc at http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/index.html.
> The overall index has them all grouped together but if you view an
> individual package, it splits them up.

Now that there are two packages, it looks OK.

> The reason why the ComponentContext does not have any JavaDoc is because
> it does not have a JavaDoc comment at the start of the class. It just
> has an ordinary comment. The way to fix this is to change it so that the
> comment starts with /** rather than /* (i.e. two star characters)

Done.

> Is it worth storing these in the OASIS Open SVN repository? I believe
> that it is. The benefits of this include:
>

>     * Centralised point of storage
>     * Version History
>     * Multiple people can work on them at the same time (there are
>       several really minor editorial issues that I could fix this way)

I think it's really important to do all such changes in sync
with the spec and these files.  This is why I left them a bit
rough in places, to remind us that the spec needs fixing too.

>     * We can then use Tags to mark a particular version to go along with
>       each revision of the specification
>

> See http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200901/msg00115.html for
> more information on the SVN repository.

I agree with keeping them there.  I'd like to wait until JAVA-121 is
resolved with a first draft of these files, and then populate svn
with these files so that the editors can maintain them as needed.

   Simon