Subject: Raw log of 2009-04-20 telcon

Mark Combellack: - Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=sca-j
- Appointment of scribe. List attached below
- Agenda bashing
- Approval of minutes for 17th April 2009
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32142/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202009-04-17.doc

0. Administration
- Issue Status: Open: 17
- New dial in numbers for the conference calls.
   See http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200904/msg00035.html

1. Review action items:

Action Items that I believe are done:
2009-04-06-01: Simon to create formal proposal for JAVA-98 based on
2009-04-06 update as modified due to implementation intents on methods.

Action Items that I believe are still to be done:
2008-11-11-22: Mark to draw up some wording for Direction 1 (as
discussed at the November F2F) for JAVA-62
2008-11-11-23: Mark (and others prepared to help) to investigate the
WorkManager JEE spec and determine its applicability to SCA for JAVA-62

2. Continuation of JAVA-148 from last call

a. JAVA-148: Java CAA missing full definition of annotations applying to
Java Interfaces
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-148
Updated proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200904/msg00034.html

3. List A Issues - Must be resolved before Public Review

None

4. Blocked List A Issues - Must be resolved before Public Review waiting
for updates/proposals

None

5. List B Issues - Nice to resolve before Public Review

a. JAVA-98: Can annotations be inherited
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-98
Updated proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200904/msg00066.html
Updated Java C&I:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32150/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-wd07%2Bissue98%2BpolicySets.pdf
Updated Java CAA:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32149/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd02-rev4%2Bissue98%2BPolicySets.pdf

b. JAVA-152: Java C&I should have had corresponding changes in JAVA-134
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-152
Proposal in Jira

c. JAVA-153: Java CI should have corresponding changes in JAVA-125
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-153
Proposal in Jira

6. Blocked List B Issues - Nice to resolve before Public Review waiting
for updates/proposals

None

7. New Issues (Requires 2/3s of Voting members to open)

None

8. List C "10 Minute" Issues

a. JAVA-1: Accessing SCA Services from non-SCA component code
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-1
Latest discussions:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200904/msg00031.html
Updated Proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200903/msg00227.html
Updated Proposal (PDF):
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/31871/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd02-rev3%20Issue1%20rev%204.pdf

9. Other List C Issues

a. JAVA-139: Default value for SCA property is not supported for java
implementations
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-139
Outline of proposal in Jira

b. JAVA-127: Long running request/response operations
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-127
Proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200812/msg00089.html

c. JAVA-143: Guidelines for dealing with cyclic references refers to an
impossible situation
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-143
Proposal in Jira

d. JAVA-131: @Callback injection could be NULL (expanded to include
refs, property and re-injection and callback
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-131
Proposed direction for resolution:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200904/msg00002.html

10. AOB

Rotating scribe list:

Ron Barack SAP AG (3)
Michael Beisiegel IBM (3)
Sanjay Patil SAP AG (3)
Jim Marino Individual (4)
Pradeep Simha TIBCO Software Inc. (5)
Vamsavardhana Chillakuru IBM (3)
Plamen Pavlov SAP AG (2)
Meeraj Kunnumpurath Individual (3)
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation (8 )
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation (10)
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation (9)
Yang Lei (6)
Graham Charters IBM (2)
Simon Nash Individual (7)
Bryan Aupperle IBM (10)
Mike Edwards IBM (9)

Dave Booz: scribe: Dave Booz

Dave Booz: topic: agenda bashing

Please change your name from 'anonymous' using the Settings button

Dave Booz: will proceedo with agenda as posted

anish: scribe: anish

anish: Topic: approval of minutes

anish: - Approval of minutes for 17th April 2009
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32142/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202009-04-17.doc

anish: minutes are approved

anish: Topic: admin

anish: 17 issues

anish: new dialin

anish: Topic: AI reivew

anish: Simon's action on 98 is done

anish: rest are pending

anish: Topic: Java-148

anish: continuation from the last call

anish: MikeE not on the call

anish: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-148
Updated proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200904/msg00034.html

anish: Simon: wanted to double check if the words in section 12
(conformance) match up with the proposal

anish: ... they do match up and don't have a concern

anish: Motion: m:Simon s:Dave Resolve issue 148 with proposal at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200904/msg00034.html

anish: motion approved w/0

anish: Resolution: Java-148 is resolved with proposal at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200904/msg00034.html

anish: Topic: Java-98

anish: a. JAVA-98: Can annotations be inherited (Limit discussion to
approx 30 minutes)
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-98
Proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200904/msg00060.html
Updated Java C&I:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32141/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-wd07%2Bissue98.pdf
Updated Java CAA:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32140/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd02-rev4%2Bissue98.pdf

anish: Simon: changed needed to CAA and C&I, although the issue was
raised against CAA. Most of the chnages are in CAA.

anish: ... multiple versions sent as I added more things that needed to
be added (eg policysets)

Mark Combellack: >
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/32149/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd02-rev4%20issue98%20PolicySets.pdf

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/32150/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-wd07%20issue98%20policySets.pdf

anish: (the above links are the ones to the latest proposal)

anish: Simon walks through the CAA proposal

anish: one reference updated

anish: next change in section 8

anish: to mention the recommendation of JSR 250 that we do not follow

anish: Only place where 250 is mentioned

anish: Simon: sentence is general worded. Need to make it specific to
policy.

anish: Simon: one change I would like to proposal is to make it
policy-specific

anish: Next set of changes in section 8.3

anish: Simon: Dave has suggested changes which make sense to me. Most of
them editorial.

Dave Booz: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200904/msg00080.html

anish: Section 8.3.1: examples that were in previous version of the proposal

anish: Section 8.5: about policyset annotation. We had not discussed
this before

anish: Simon: no hierarchy for policySets, so much simpler

anish: ... merging is very simple

anish: Dave: looks fine to me

anish: Simon: will make the wording changes as suggested in Dave's email

anish: Simon: removed @Inherited in various subsections in section 10

anish: Simon: did not do the cross-refing the tags in the appendix, as I
don't know how to

anish: Discussion moves to the C&I spec changes

anish:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/32150/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-wd07%20issue98%20policySets.pdf

anish: Simon walks through the changes

anish: 1st set of changes in section 8

anish: Next set of changes in section 8.1

anish: Anish: is it reasonable to say that if you use intent/policyset
annotations for a service than you must also use @Service

anish: Discussion on words in line 469 that talk about implementation
class and not the interface

anish: Simon: the existing words are correct, because if there is an
interface then that gets reflected by the <interface/> element

anish: Dave: need to reference CAA for the interface

anish: Simon: line 475 and line 410 will have a crossref to CAA for
intents (this will have to be added)

anish: Simon: issue of what happens if the impl class does not have
@Service buy has intent annotation. Three choices:

anish: a) ignore it

anish: b) error

anish: c) allow it

anish: Simon: same applies to reference

anish: ... preference to allow explicit intents on implicit references

anish: Anish: ignore is not a good option

anish: no one speaks for disallowing it

anish: Simon: we should include examples from "D" part of the previous
proposal in section 8.3

anish: Simon: will update the proposal and send it out

anish: Action: Simon to send an updated proposal for 98

anish: Topic: issue 152

anish: b. JAVA-152: Java C&I should have had corresponding changes in
JAVA-134
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-152
Proposal in Jira

Dave Booz: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-134

Dave Booz:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/31836/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-wd05.pdf

anish: Dave describes the issue and the proposal

anish: Simon: i send a response to email from Dave about this issue

Dave Booz: SImon's updated words:   A callback interface can be declared
by using the @Callback annotation
   on the service interface or Java implementation class as described in
   the Java Common Annotations and API Specification [JAVACAA].

anish: Simon: issue 134 was for @Remotable and @Callback, the changes
proposed fix the problem with @Callback but not @Remotable

Dave Booz: lines 47-48: A service whose interface is defined by a Java
class (as opposed to a Java interface) is not
48 remotable.

anish: Simon: need to delete sentence that starts on line 47

Dave Booz: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200904/msg00077.html

anish: Motion: m:Dave s:Simon move to resolve 152 with Simon's words at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200904/msg00077.html

anish: motion approved w/o

anish: Resolution: issue 152 resolved with proposal at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200904/msg00077.html

anish: Topic: Issue 153

anish: c. JAVA-153: Java CI should have corresponding changes in JAVA-125
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-153
Proposal in Jira

Dave Booz: @Remotable annotation or @remotable on <interface.java/>

anish: Dave walks through the issue and proposal

anish: for the proposal: s/@remotable/remotable attribute/

anish: Simon: for the changes on lines 164-169, it requires the
knowledge of the component to introspect the CT, which is not possible

Mark Combellack: Time warning: About 5 minutes left till end of call

anish: Anish: this means the 1st changes on lines 144-146 is also not right

anish: Anish: this raises concerns about resolution of issue 125

anish: Simon: if we had CT sidefiles then this could work, but we don't
have sidefiles

anish: Dave: this is now bigger than 153

anish: Anish: need to reopen 125

anish: Meeting adjourned