Subject: Raw chat log of 2010-01-15 telcon

Mark Combellack: - Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=sca-j
- Appointment of scribe. List attached below
- Agenda bashing
- Approval of minutes for 1st February 2010
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36295/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202010-02-01.doc
- Approval of minutes for 8th February 2010
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36315/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202010-02-08.doc

0. Administration
- Open Issue Status:
    CAA + POJO:    0
    EJB Binding:   0
    Spring:        2
    JEE:           6
    Total Open:    8

1. Review action items:

Action Items that I believe are done:
2010-02-01-01: Dave to create CDs for POJO and EJB Binding specifications
2010-02-01-02: Mike to check code in SVN matches specification docs

Action Items that I believe are still to be done:
2009-07-06-01: Dave B to raise to liaison (so that other C&Is can
consider and possibly assembly) that non-XML based C&Is should state how
the conversion of property values happens
2009-07-17-01: Mike to create an example of the componentType
introspection (JAVA-5
2009-09-28-05: Dave to look at unstated prereqs for JCI-TA-8005/8006
2009-11-09-01: Anish to point out specific locations for editorial
corrections (s/./,/) for issue 150 proposal.
2010-02-01-03: Anish to provide non-normative text to resolve 166 per
directional motion
2010-02-01-04: Mike to look at JAVA-182 and prepare a CD draft for
Spring C&I

2. New Issues (Requires 2/3rds)

None

3. Remaining Open Issues for JAA and POJO specifications

None

4. Progress to Public Review

a. SCA Java API jar file (Mike)
Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201002/msg00029.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36303/sca-apis-1.1.jar

b. POJO (C&I) CD02 candidate (Dave)
Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201002/msg00012.html
Note: Link in above email is not to the latest version so please use
link below.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36230/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd02.doc

c. Latest CAA specification CD04 (Dave, Mike & Bryan)
There are two versions - CD04 and CD04a with Java API changes
CD04 version
   Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201002/msg00025.html

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36297/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd04.doc
CD04a
   Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201002/msg00029.html

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36304/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd04a.doc

d. EJB Binding CD02 candidate (Dave)
Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201002/msg00010.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36195/sca-ejbbinding-1.1-spec-cd02.doc

5. Open Issues with proposals ready for discussion (Spring/EJB/JEE)

None

6. Issues waiting for updated proposals (Spring/EJB/JEE)

a. JAVA-109: Property and reference names computed from SCA annotations
in web modules not specified explicitly
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-109
Proposal in Jira
Waiting for updated proposal (Vamsi)

b. JAVA-182: SCA Spring C & I specs needs to refactor text under
abstract and introduction
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-182
No proposal (Ram)

c. JAVA-174: Consider portlets in the SCA JEE specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-174

d. JAVA-91: Java EE Spec: Need to define the derivation of the name of a
component contributed to the Domain by an application.composite file
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-91
Waiting for updated proposal (Mike)

e. JAVA-93: JEE Integration spec needs to define how effective CT is
calculated
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-93
Waiting for updated proposal (Anish)

f. JAVA-108: RFC2119 Language is needed for the SCA-JEE Specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-108
Waiting for updated proposal

g. JAVA-88: Java EE Spec: The @archive attribute of the
implementation.jee element needs fixing
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-88
No proposal
Plamen to check whether on his informal JEE issues list

h. JAVA-166: Spring C&I does not say anything about SCA annotations
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-166
Directional proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201002/msg00000.html (Anish)
(Note: May be able to make progress on JAVA-144 depending on what
happens with this issue)

7. AOB

a. Straggler roll call

Rotating scribe list:

Graham Charters IBM (5)
Yang Lei IBM (11)
Plamen Pavlov SAP AG (3)
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation (14)
Mike Edwards IBM (16)
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation (16)
Bryan Aupperle IBM (21)
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation (1

Mike Edwards: I think Dave's forgotten to pay the bill for the
conference lines

Mike Edwards: I can't get in

Mark Combellack: ah

Mike Edwards: ok, I can get in via the US dial in

Bryan Aupperle: My attempts to dial in are not being answered...

Please change your name from 'anonymous' using the Settings button

Mike Edwards: Which # are you trying Bryan?

anish: Scribe: naish

anish: Scribe: anish

anish: Topic: agenda bashing

anish: No changes, agenda approved.

anish: Topic: Approval of 2010-02-01 minutes

anish:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36295/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202010-02-01.doc

anish: Resolution: Minutes of 2010-02-01 at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36295/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202010-02-01.doc
  approved

anish: Topic: Approval of 2010-02-08 minutes

anish:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36315/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202010-02-08.doc

anish: Resolution: Minutes of 2010-02-08 at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36315/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202010-02-08.doc
approved

anish: Topic: Issue status

anish: CAA + POJO: 0
EJB Binding: 0
Spring: 2
JEE: 6
Total Open: 8

anish: Topic: AI review

anish: 2010-02-01-01 and 2010-02-01-02 are done

anish: Everything else is pending

anish: Topic: SCA Java API jar file

anish: Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201002/msg00029.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36303/sca-apis-1.1.jar

anish: MikeE: the source is in SVN

anish: ... we'll have to publish that along with the spec. The jar file
is what everyone will use, but it is just compilation of what is in SVN

anish: ... fixed a few bugs

anish: ... The source and spec are now in sync

anish: ... Included a maven build file

anish: No comments on the API file(s)

anish: MikeE: the files should be part of the PR

anish: Topic: POJO (C&I) CD02 candidate

anish: Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201002/msg00012.html
Note: Link in above email is not to the latest version so please use
link below.
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36230/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd02.doc

anish: Mark: Are we ready for PR? Are folks happy with it?

anish: No comment from anyone

anish: Mark: anyone unhappy with the drafts?

anish: MikeE: the actual doc has change mark, we'll have to remove that
before publishing

anish: Anish: i think we should publish both, with change marks from
previous CD and a clean version

anish: MikeE: yes, but the current change marks are not from previous CD

anish: Bryan: and there should be no change marks for the front page

anish: MikeE: I think it is ready to go

anish: Motion: MikeE moves Bryan seconds to make
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36230/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd02.doc
as our CD02 and publish it

anish: motion passes w/o

anish: Resolution:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36230/sca-javaci-1.1-spec-cd02.doc
is CD02 and published on docs.oasis-open.org

anish: Motion: MikeE moves Bryan seconds to make Java CI CD02 as our 2nd
PR lasting 15 days

anish: motion passes w/o

anish: Resolution: Java CI CD02 will be the 2nd PR lasting for 15 days

anish: Topic: Latest CAA specification CD04

anish: Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201002/msg00029.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36304/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd04a.doc

anish: Mark: 4a is what we should be looking at. Is that correct?

anish: MikeE: yes

anish: MikeE: 4a does not contain just the change mark between 4 and 4a

anish: MikeE reviews the changes for API in 4a

anish: MikeE: the code in section Appendix B was correct. The changes
were in the main section text

anish: No comments from anyone on the changes

anish: Motion: MikeE moves Bryan seconds to adopt
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36304/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd04a.doc
of the CAA spec as CD04 and publish it

anish: Motion approved w/o

anish: Resolution:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36304/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-cd04a.doc
is CAA CD04 and published to docs.oasis-open.org

anish: Motion: MikeE moves Bryan seconds to publish the
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36303/sca-apis-1.1.jar
(SCA API jar file) along with CD04

anish: Bryan: should we include "cd04" in the jar file name?

anish: anish: makes sense to me

anish: Amendment: Bryan moves MikeE seconds to rename the file to
sca-apis-1.1-cd04.jar

anish: anish: should it be sca-caa-apis-1.1-cd04.jar ?

anish: MikeE: we don't have any other APIs, but it is possible that we
have others, eg spring

anish: Mark: could be mythical spring annotations

anish: Amendment fails

anish: Amendment: Anish moves Bryan seconds to rename the file
sca-caa-apis-1.1-cd04.jar

anish: Amendment approved w/o

anish: Main motion -- publish the
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36303/sca-apis-1.1.jar
(SCA API jar file) along with CD04 and call it sca-caa-apis-1.1-cd04.jar

anish: Motion approved w/o

anish: Resolution: SCA caa apis jar file to be published with CD04 and
named sca-caa-apis-1.1-cd04.jar

anish: Motion: MikeE moves Bryan seconds to make CAA CD04 our 2nd PR
lasting 15 days

anish: Motion: approved w/o

anish: Resolution: CD04 will be the 2nd PR spec lasting 15 days

anish: s/CD04/CAA CD04/

anish: Topic: EJB Binding CD02 candidate

anish: Latest discussion:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/201002/msg00010.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36195/sca-ejbbinding-1.1-spec-cd02.doc

anish: MikeE: I don't think Dave has made anything other than ed changes
from the last draft

anish: Anish: batch this with Spring C&I?

anish: MikeE: Spring C&I has a few issues

anish: Bryan: is this the 1st review

anish: anish: yes

anish: anish: don't want to batch ejb binding/spring with CAA/POJO,
might be confusing

anish: Motion: MikeE moves Bryan seconds to accept
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36195/sca-ejbbinding-1.1-spec-cd02.doc
as our CD 02 and to publish it

anish: Motion approved w/o

anish: Resolution:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/36195/sca-ejbbinding-1.1-spec-cd02.doc
is EJB binding CD02 and will be published

anish: Motion: MikeE moves Bryan seconds to make EJB binding CD02 our
1st PR draft with PR lasting 60 days

anish: Motion approved w/o

anish: Resolution: EJB binding CD02 will be the 1st PR draft with PR
lasting 60 days

anish: Topic: AIs for PRs

anish: Need to clean up the docs, generate PDFs and HTML, generate diffs

anish: MikeE: we have published EJB binding CD 01

anish: ... but was not made a PR

anish: Action: Mike to clean up the docs, generate the diff

anish: Action: Anish to generate the PDF and html files

anish: Bryan: do we want to combine the POJO and CAA specs wrt
publication and sending it to TC admin?

anish: MikeE: yes

anish: Mark: makes sense

anish: Mark: do we need to update anything from assembly?

anish: Action: MikeE to check if the RDDL needs to be updated for Java
TC CDs

anish: Action: Chair to submit the specs to TC admin for PR (when the
packages are ready)

anish: Meeting adjourned