Subject: ISSUE-100: POL30020 is incorrect

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-100

I took the liberty to reformat the issue text in JIRA and to slightly tweak the title/subject to make it more accurate for the issue being opened.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for ashok malhotra ---07/20/2009 06:47:40 PM---TA 30020 says: "If a policySet specifies a qualifiable intashok malhotra ---07/20/2009 06:47:40 PM---TA 30020 says: "If a policySet specifies a qualifiable intent in the @provides

ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>

OASIS Policy <sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org>

07/20/2009 06:47 PM

[sca-policy] New Issue: TA 30020 is incorrect

TA 30020 says:
"If a policySet specifies a qualifiable intent in the @provides
attribute, then it MUST include an intentMap element
that specifies all possible qualifiers for that intent."

This is a bit strong!  The policySet need not specify an intentMap.
Instead, it can directly provide a policy for the
qualifiable intent.  I suggest we reword 30020 as follows:

If a policySet specifies a qualifiable intent in the @provides
attribute, and it provides an intentMap for the qualifiable intent then
that intentMap MUST specify all possible qualifiers for that intent.

--
All the best, Ashok