Subject: [security-services] (amended) Minutes for Telecon, Tuesday 05 Mar 2002

(corrected attendance, with apologies)

Minutes for SSTC Telecon, Tuesday 05 Mar 2002
Dial in info: +1 334 262 0740 #856956
Minutes taken by Steve Anderson

> 1) Roll Call

- Attendance attached to bottom of these minutes
- Quorum achieved.

> 2) Dealing with end of Last Call (COB 3/7), can all issues be voted
>    on by 3/12

- Joe: Aggressive schedule, can enough people commit for those days?
- Or do we fall back to 3/19?
- Hal: depends on kinds of comments received. impression is that issues
  raised by committee members have champions, but those from outside
  (e.g. SAP) don't necessarily
    - Joe: would like to dissect posting from SAP during focus group
      session today
- Joe: not hearing pushback or commitment on this aggressive schedule
- Prateek: can commit
- Chris: can promise time over weekend
- Hal: assuming we don't get 10 more SAP-like emails, can commit
- so far, most postings besides that from SAP don't have significant
  impact
- Joe: candidate golden master set of specs would be available 3/18
- Joe: do we need interim specs before then?
- Jeff: is there a list of outstanding issues that have been agreed to
  and is it written down?
- Scott: would seem appropriate for issues list
- Hal: there are changes that fall below the threshold of an issue
- Joe: need to sweep the mail and issues list, and champions need to
  re-post changes that have not yet been made
- Joe: volunteer to do this sweep?
- Hal: seems to fall to me by default
- Scott: has been up to individual champions
- Joe: was going to be recommendation anyway
- Joe: for each individual, please put all outstanding *agreed-to*
  changes into a single message, by COB Thursday 3/7
- Joe: doc editors are to act on these first

> 3) Discussion on implementations

- Joe: need 3 attestations to go to OASIS, and committee chairs have 2,
  leaving us short
- Joe: nudging implementation sources that can accelerate getting to
  core-27 to consider what it might mean to your organizations
- Eve: suggests making the nudging more broad, not just to the
  committee members
- Jahan: do we need 3rd instance of web browser profile?
- Joe: yes, but if you don't cover that, but do cover other aspects,
  speak up, as other implementations may/not overlap
- Joe: note we must be able to publicly release these attestations

> 4) Characterization of comments being received

- Joe: largely covered in first issue

> 5) (Irving's) ISSUE: Actions & Action elements Issue
>
>    < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/
>      200202/msg00186.html >
>
>    follow up from Simon
>    < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/
>      200202/msg00188.html >

- Irving: don't see the value in the original intent to be big enough
  to offset the confusion
- Irving: moves to take the format of his message, taking the friendly
  amendment from Simon
- [VOTE] no objections
- Joe: another item for Phill
- Irving: will send out modified schema

> 6) Other business

- Prateek: move to vote on Name identifier proposal
  < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/
    200203/msg00023.html >
    - Prateek: answering Simon's response, it is a typo
      < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/
        200203/msg00025.html >
    - Prateek: takes Simon's comment as friendly amendment
    - RLBob: final sentence should be up in original description of
      name qualifier
    - Prateek: accepted as additional friendly amendment
    - [VOTE] no objections
    - Prateek: will generate fresh text incorporating amendments, and
      send to Phill and list
    - RLBob: additional question about what was just voted on, the
      WinNT term involves an obsolete product name
    - Prateek: sought any better term, but found none
    - Rob: might find it in SSPI spec from Microsoft
    - Scott: NTLM might be closer
    - Hal: how about MS Windows?
    - Rob: or Windows domain
    - Prateek: accepted as friendly amendment
    - Irving: MS might not approve use of trademarked name, which would
      also apply (more or less) to previous WinNT term
    - Joe: directs Prateek to contact MS about form of reference that
      would be acceptable
    - RLBob: has another resource for researching this
    - Prateek: will use Windows domain for now, pending response from
      MS
    - Joe: any objections to proceeding as discussed? [none]

> 7) Adjourn

- Adjourned
- continuing call as focus group

Attendance of Voting Members:

  Allen Rogers Authentica
  Irving  Reid Baltimore
  Simon Godik Crosslogix
  Hal  Lockhart Entegrity
  Carlisle Adams  Entrust
  Robert Griffin Entrust
  Don Flinn Hitachi
  Joe Pato HP
  Chris McLaren Netegrity
  Prateek Mishra Netegrity
  Steve Anderson OpenNetwork
  Rob Philpott RSA Security
  Jahan Moreh Sigaba
  Jeff Hodges Sun
  Eve Maler Sun
  Aravindan Ranganathan Sun
  Emily Xu Sun
  Bob Morgan UWashington
  Phillip Hallam-Baker Verisign

Attendance of Observers or Prospective Members:

  Marc Chanliau Netegrity
  Scott Cantor OSU
  Tim Moses Entrust

Membership Status Changes:

  Nikolaj Nyholm Ascio Technologies - Requested observer status
  Bhavna Bhatnagar Sun - Granted voting status after call

--
Steve

begin:vcard
n:Anderson;Steve
tel;fax:727-561-0303
tel;work:727-561-9500 x241
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.opennetwork.com
org:OpenNetwork Technologies
version:2.1
email;internet:sanderson@opennetwork.com
title:Product Architect
adr;quoted-printable:;;13577 Feather Sound Drive=0D=0ASuite 390;Clearwater;Florida;33762;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-6352
fn:Steve Anderson
end:vcard