Subject: [security-services] Agenda for March 18 SSTC Conference Call

We'll do a Kavi update during the meeting, but just a note here - I'm trying something a bit different with our TC action item list.  I've entered the currently open action items into the Kavi system's AI tracking database and generated a report (attached below).

I'm not sure the Kavi system performance is good enough for us to actually update action items in real-time during the meeting, but if the updates are recorded directly within each item in the report below it should be easy enough to cut/paste any updates we make back into the system.

Let me know if I've left anything out or misrepresented any agenda items...

Rob.

Agenda

-------

1. Acceptance of Minutes from 04-March Conference Call.

2. Announcements

-        OASIS going live on 17-March with Kavi-based system (Rob)

o        User accounts, etc.

o        Web site migration

o       Document repository - How do we want it organized?

o        Action item tracking - Even if we update the AI's directly in Kavi, I think it's helpful to cut/paste the list into the agenda and minutes.  Do folks agree? The down-side is that the list can start to get a bit long since it displays the full history. It also doesn't show the reference links in the printable format useful for cut/paste here.

o        Etc...

3. TC vote on pending items: We will vote on items 2, 3, 4 and 8 of http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200303/msg00002.html

at the next conference call. Prateek announced that the above items will be voted on at the next conference call on March 18th.

4. Discuss destination-site-first proposals and if appropriate, solicit SSTC voting on this item (Prateek)

5. Possible discussion on Credential Collector proposal (Carlisle)

6. Action item review (see attached)

7. Other Business

8. Adjourn

Action Items:

Report created 17 March 2003 08:51am EST

#0012: Summarize schema change proposal

Owner: Scott Cantor

Assigned: 16 Mar 2003

Due: ---

Comments:
Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 04:51 GMT
04-Mar: Scott will produce another draft with more clarity on assumptions and issues. For example: are we approaching Schema changes from the perspective that the schema is frozen for a long time.
Action: Scott will boil down the paper to some bullet points that will help us drive the discussion.

#0011: DSig Schema changes

Owner: Scott Cantor

Assigned: 16 Mar 2003

Due: ---

Comments:
Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 04:48 GMT
04-Mar: Will there be schema changes in SAML 1.1? The group needs to have a discussion on schema changes. Scott: suggest that the document(s) published to the list should be used as a starting point for discussion. Scott will published proposed changes to schema after group provides feedback on exiting proposal (see AI-44).

Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 13:17 GMT
See Reference links below for a pointer to AI-44.

Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 13:50 GMT
This AI is a follow-up on AI-37 (now Action Item #0003) which addresses core changes for the DSig recommendations.

#0010: Draft request to Liberty for derivative permissions

Owner: Jeff Hodges

Assigned: 16 Mar 2003

Due: ---

Comments:
Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 04:41 GMT
SSTC will make a formal request to liberty to use their spec and create derivative work under the OASIS umbrella within the present IPR/licensing arrangements. Jeff will draft the language and send to SSTC co-chair for their review and sending. The message should be sent to the secretary of
Liberty.

Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 04:45 GMT
Messages with Jeff's proposed text and the request sent to
Liberty can be found at the referenced links below.

#0009: [AI-47] Provide text for PE-9

Owner: Rob Philpott

Assigned: 16 Mar 2003

Due: ---

Comments:
Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 04:09 GMT
04-Mar: Still open.

#0008: [AI-46] Incorporate changes for PE-4

Owner: Prateek Mishra

Assigned: 16 Mar 2003

Due: ---

Comments:
Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 04:08 GMT
04-Mar: Still open

#0007: [AI-45] Add URL-centric flow to Bindings Extension 01

Owner: Prateek Mishra

Assigned: 16 Mar 2003

Due: ---

Comments:
Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 04:07 GMT
04-Mar: Still open.

#0006: [AI-44] Schema changes position paper

Owner: Scott Cantor

Assigned: 16 Mar 2003

Due: ---

Comments:
Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 04:06 GMT
04-Mar: Still open.

Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 13:20 GMT
04-Mar: Paper has been published. Hal had noted that he will circulate this document among people with pure XML expertise.

Hal: I think we had some discussions last year on the namespace issue.

Eve: We should treat this as a "new" discussion

Phil: 1.1 should synchronize with the result of this discussion. It is quite possible that by the time the discussion ends we will be in 2.0 time-frame.

Hal: the paper does not included any discussion on non-electronic implications of version changes.

Eve: It would be great if Scott could list options and then recommend options.

#0005: [AI-42] Propose detailed SAML error codes

Owner: Carlisle Adams

Assigned: 16 Mar 2003

Due: ---

Comments:
Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 04:05 GMT
See mail archive in references.

#0004: [AI-39] Propose WSDL for metadata

Owner: Prateek Mishra

Assigned: 16 Mar 2003

Due: ---

Comments:

#0003: [AI-37] DSig Core change proposal

Owner: Scott Cantor

Assigned: 16 Mar 2003

Due: ---

Comments:
Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 04:03 GMT
04-Mar: Scott has text that has been done. Scott will submit final draft depending on the closure of "ID attribute" issue. There are other proposals to make schema changes. During the discussion of schema changes we will need to debate the "ID Attribute".

#0002: [AI-32] Attribute Authority use case

Owner: Rob Philpott

Assigned: 16 Mar 2003

Due: ---

Comments:
Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 04:00 GMT
Customer has requested a use case for attribute authority. Once a use case is defined, the TC will consider it for profiling.
On hold - awaiting further meetings with customer making the request.

#0001: [AI-20] Update specs to 1.0

Owner: Eve Maler

Assigned: 16 Mar 2003

Due: ---

Comments:
Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 03:51 GMT
See archive mail.

#0000: [AI-15] Fragment ID doc updates

Owner: Eve Maler

Assigned: 16 Mar 2003

Due: ---

Comments:
Rob Philpott 2003-03-17 03:46 GMT
04-Mar: Eve will start this after work on 1.0 is done. Should be able to complete this by the next call. In addition to Fragment ID, everything that has been approved up to and including today's should be included in the documents.