Subject: Minutes for 20-June-2006 SSTC con-call

Tony Nadalin
Ashish Patel
Rob Philpott

Eric Tiffany
Greg whitehead

Tom Wisniewski
Emily Xu

OTHERS:
Heather Hinton (member from next meeting)

AI Summary:

-----------

***AI: Chairs need to follow up with GUIDE.

***AI: ALL - Each organization should check with their organization
about what IPR position they will support and contact the chairs separately.

***AI: Scott – take on editing of the “new” LDAP/X.500 profile.

***AI: Jahan – add work as per message 26 to the errata list.

-----------

Dial in info: +1 865 673 6950; Access code: 270-9441#

1. Roll Call & Agenda Review

2. Approve minutes from June 6 con-call

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200606/msg00009.html

*Minutes approved by unanimous consent

3. Informational

a. GUIDE: Creating a European Identity Management Architecture for e-Govt

http://istrg.som.surrey.ac.uk/projects/guide/project_synopsis.html

*No further info

***AI: Chairs need to follow up with GUIDE.

b. DIX: Digital Identity Exchange Protocol

_http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200606/msg00024.html_

* Just an FYI to the SSTC

* Bob M. IETF BOF

* Jeff H – Nothing has happened yet (other than one meeting). May be
merged into other authentication activity. Not clear that this will
proceed in the IETF. Some factions believe IETF should become more
cognizant of identity. Should help promote cross-pollination with other
standards groups. Check IETF under the acronym WARP. Might not be a
formal agenda item at upcoming IETF meeting. Has tie-in to item 6c on
this agenda.

4. Preliminary discussion of TC IPR Transition

http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/ipr_transition_policy.php

* Hal – General TC intent is to stay in business for awhile, so we need
to convert. See policy and transition info at OASIS for info on the 3 TC
IPR modes. Propose that we convert to “RF on Limited Terms” mode.

* Abbie B – Nortel would probably object to this mode.

***AI (ALL): Each organization should check with their organization
about what IPR position they will support and contact the chairs separately.

5. Errata Review sstc-saml-errata-2.0-draft-31.pdf

_http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/18811/sstc-saml-errata-2.0-draft-31.pdf_

* PE49 – Scott sent proposal for text to the list (see msg 22) that
massages Greg’s proposal. Deferred for resolution on next call.

* PE52 – Rob owes proposed text. Still open.

* PE54 – Approved by unanimous consent.

6. Discussion threads

a. Options for correction of LDAP/X.500 attrprofile

_http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200606/msg00010.html__
_(option #6)

* Scott – None of the options can be done w/o normative changes. In that
case, he prefers option #3.

* Rob – So how do we technically deal with it since it involves
normative changes.

* Scott/Hal – we tabled that discussion at the time. Since this is an
important attribute profile, we should act soon.

* Eric - What was actually proposed was a combination of option #5 and #3.

* Motion: Scott – Accept option #3; Seconded by Rob

* Motion accepted by unanimous consent.

***AI: Scott – take on editing of the “new” LDAP/X.500 profile.

b. NameID and the use of SPProvidedID

_http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200606/msg00014.html_

See also message 26 posted to the list.

* Scott – everyone should talk to their implementers to see if items
listed in message 26 are objectionable. Post to the list if they object.

***AI: Jahan – add work as per message 26 to the errata list.

c. New Proposed Profile - POST w/o XML DSIG

_http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/18722/draft-hodges-saml-binding-noxmldsig-01.pdf_

* Jeff – goal is to eliminate barrier that XML DSIG brings with it to
certain application areas (e.g. scripting languages).

* Eve – strongly recommends taking this up.

* Rob – Will we update existing profiles or add new profiles that
describe its use?

* Scott – We don’t know yet.

* Lots of discussion about external groups building profiles, etc.

* Hal – Let’s take discussion to the list with a goal of producing a CD
in the next month or so.

d. WS Security Policy

_http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200606/msg00023.html_

* Hal – Taking this on wouldn’t be that different from our original work
on the WSS SAML Token Profile that was later finished by WSS-TC.
Although here, the WS-SX TC does not want to take it over.

* Hal – Does this require a charter update?

* Eve – could be problematic as history has shown us.

* Greg – assumes that the companies involved do want to see the work
done somewhere. It doesn’t matter where as long as it does get done.

* Hal – take the discussion to the list.

7. Open AIs

#0238: Plan for red-line versions of SAML 2.0

Owner: Eve Maler

Assigned: 2005-11-08

Due: ---

* Still open

* Scott might (or might not) try to start working on this. It impacts
developers that we haven’t done this.

#0240: Status of SAML 2.0 submission to ITU T

Owner: Abbie Barbir

Assigned: 2005-11-08

Due: ---

* Still open

#0259: Propose text to resolve PE 49 - Clarification on attribute name

format (The relationship between an attribute's NameFormat and its

syntax is not clear.)

Owner: Scott Cantor

Assigned: 2006-04-26

Due: 2006-05-15

* Closed (see msg 22)

Other business:

- Two weeks is July 4^th . That meeting is cancelled. Then next meeting
is the 18^th .