semantic-ex message

Subject: W3C choreography vs. WSMO choreography

Dear all,

I'd like to contribute to the discussion we had during last phone
conference about W3C choreography [1] vs. WSMO choreography [2] bringing
a point of view (which was discussed in the context of the SEEMP project
between Jacky Estublier [3], me and Mick) that seems a good compromise
to me.

The idea is: "the fact we claim that *the* global choreography cannot be
described doesn't mean it cannot be observed. WSMO choreography provides
a tool for locally describing the *choreography interface* of a certain
Web Service, while W3C choreography is meant to capture the point of
view of someone who is observing the message interchange between the Web
Services."

In other words, I agree with WSMO position that a global choreography
cannot be described in an open world (such as the Web), thus WSMO limits
the use of term choreography to the description of the "choreography
interface of a Web Service". However, the "sequence and conditions under
which multiple cooperating independent agents exchange messages in order
to perform a task to achieve a goal state" can be observed ;-)

Best regards,

Emanuele

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-gloss/
[2] http://www.wsmo.org/TR/d14/v0.1/