semantic-ex message

Subject: Re: [semantic-ex] W3C choreography vs. WSMO choreography

Emanuele Della Valle wrote:

> In other words, I agree with WSMO position that a global choreography
> cannot be described in an open world (such as the Web), thus WSMO limits
> the use of term choreography to the description of the "choreography
> interface of a Web Service". However, the "sequence and conditions under
> which multiple cooperating independent agents exchange messages in order
> to perform a task to achieve a goal state" can be observed ;-)

the "global" choreography may (to some extent) be derived from the set
of the "local" choreographies of the participating partners

See for example the work by Dijkman and Dumas, "Service-oriented Design:
A Multi-viewpoint Approach"
(http://eprints.qut.edu.au/archive/00000622/01/SOD_(revised).pdf)

the "local" choreography there is called "provider behaviour" (which is
indeed a very appropriate name), and the "global" choreography is just
"choreography" (e.g. aligned with the W3C terminology)

best,

	Marin

----
"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When
you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you.
Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the
old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "