Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] Resend with readable jpg: My takeway (while listening in to another telecom)

Rex,

Attached is a variation of your diagram done in MagicDraw but keeping a few extra pieces of the original.  I also created a diagram connecting action and willingness.  Given Jeff's recent comment, this has a variant for action and a variant for joint action.

As for your definitions of trust and risk below, let me suggest:

Trust is an actor's private perception that another actor's actions and other factors will result in desired or neutral real world effects.

Risk is an actor's private perception that another actor's actions and other factors will result in undesirable real world effects.

I would like to keep it in terms of RWE because that is eventually what is measurable and how things can be assessed.

For risk, the undesirable effects may not impede the goal for my wanting to interact but I may nonetheless consider the effects undesirable and want to avoid them.  For example, I purchase coffee beans because my goal is to be able to make coffee tomorrow morning but I may insist on a seller of fair trade coffee because I don't want the undesirable effects of exploiting the growers.  Now we could say that I have multiple goals that I am trying to accommodate at the same time, but rather than enumerate secondary goals I think it's simpler just to say I don't want bad things to happen.

Ken