Subject: propositions, goals etc. etc.

I have, as an experiment to satisfy certain persons' requirements, put together a section on meaning. It is short, but encompasses both the concept of proposition and the meaning that the proposition has. Example meanings include facts, goals, objectives, policies. These are all instances of the concept of stance.

I think that it may be useful to have a section like this. But it potentially does a lot of damage to other sections - by requiring for example, to move the definition of policy out of where it is naturally defined into this omnibus section. So, one possible resolution is to put some examples of stance in here, but leave others (like goal, policy and objective) to their more natural location.

stance.pdf

Incidentally, ignore the diagrams. Especially if we go with a section like this, we need new diagrams.

Frank