Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Groups - Rough notes taken during the last ebSOA meeting. (ebSOA-Elements.pdf) uploaded

Surely "service oriented" implies a capacity to deliver a service whether
the service is actually initiated/used or not?
In other words, it must be *capable* of delivery: does that then imply a
messaging infrastructure? If you scream in an empty forest, have you
communicated anything? An old philosophical dilemma...

IMO, I would say that the message is not a required part of the RM but its
construction must be possible from and compatible with the RM. I think Frank
has a point, in distinguishing between operation (private) and effect
(public). It is the transition between the two that makes something a
service rather than just a process, and that transition must be possible
even if not actually invoked

Peter