Subject: Re: [soa-rm] [issue:structure] draft 07, sect 2, line 201, Figure 2-1

While I like the direction in which this is going, I have a couple of
issues:

1. I do not see semantics as being inside service description.
Semantics is an abstract concept that may be referred to but is not
contained in any description.
2. I am not sure why data model is broken out in the way suggested.
To me, tehe data model is an asepct of the semantics of the service.
3. I do not see a hard and fast distinction between syntax and
semantics. Again, any syntactic constraints are simply part of the
overall semantics.

The *reason* for this is that while it is tempting to equate
semantics with application semantics, that is not, in fact, a good
slope to slip down.

Once you liberate yourself from that misconception, one beings to see
all kinds of possibilities. For example, for an encryption/decryption
service, its entire semantic model consists of messages with
encryption markers etc. etc. Is that syntax? Depends on your point of
view; to my mind it is semantics of a simple service.

Frank