tag message

Subject: Re: [tag] Groups - conference call (schedule A) modified

Hi Patrick, and everyone

     I need to attend a PAC meeting today at the same time as our TAG
call, so I won't be able to attend TAG.

I do have some comments on the latest draft (below).

Thanks,
Kevin L

General Comments on the latest draft
(http://wiki.oasis-open.org/tag/TestAssertionGuidelines):

General Editorial:
       Many areas of the draft contain 'lists' or 'collections' of
attributed being described.  These should be presented as such (either
by straight html lists, or Wiki lists.   The document is hard to read
without this, because it is unclear where these lists are bounded, and
normative text continues.

Section 1.1 - Conformance Clause:
    This feels like a loose collection of attributes about CCs, and CCs
relationships to TAs.  Can this be organized more coherently?

Section 1.3 - Coverage Analysis:
   Why is this section still in the draft?  My understanding was that
this was meant to be removed, as it is peripheral to TAs.  Will this
section be removed or moved to an Appendix?

Section 2.1 - What is in a Test Assertion:

The example describes 'Target: widget'.  Later, the description states
one of the elements of the TA is a 'Target Class'.   I think the
terminology is inconsistent here, and I am hesitant about using 'Class'
in our terminology (terribly overused term).

Sections 2.2 - 2.4
     I get the impression from reading these sections that we are
'jumping in' to examples of how to identify TAs from some
specification.  The problem is that I haven't really seen a proper
definition of what elements constitute a TA or how to identify these in
a spec before this (not really presented until the Summary in Section 4).

I still need to study sections 3-4 more, but I thought these comments
might be useful for now.

Thanks, Regards,
Kevin L